Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Forgotten email password

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Will your reply also apply to my problem when I get the message

"It looks like we don't have permission to get email for  @.....@tiscali.co.uk.

Account Status:

The last successful sync was on 01/01/0001 00:00:00 UTC.

How to Fix It

If you're using the new Mail experience in Outlook.com:

• On the toolbar, select the Settings icon, then select View all Outlook settings."

following the instructions re this does not work for me as I lost the password that existed 12 years ago?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @bet49 

I'd bet (see what I did there?) 49p or maybe 50p that if you haven't signed in to your mailbox for 12 years it probably doesn't exist. There are always exceptions though to the normal rule that you should sign in at least once in every 180 days or risk the mailbox being flagged for deletion.

Try the email address at mailtester.com and let me know if the bottom response line is red or green. 

And try Forgotten your Password? option. If there's an alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password. If there is more than one option let me know if you don't recognise the email or mobile number hinted at. 

If there's only the mail account itself listed then let me know or if you just get an error message let me know what that error is.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster

it is green says email address is valid. I have been using it since tiny Tiscali became TalkTalk.

with the message re no permission to send emails there is no 'forgotten password button.'

what is shown at mailtester

mail server found for domain

mx.tiscali.co.uk(priority 10,ip address :62.24.139.42M

Mailserver identification:

cm10gb1 mx.talktalk.net.ESMTP server ready.

Email address is valid

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi bet49 

I owe you 50p.  It's alive!

When I asked you to try the Forgotten your Password? option you just click the link here underlined in blue.

If there's an alternate email address or mobile phone number shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password. If there is more than one option let me know if you don't recognise the email or mobile number hinted at.  I ask that to see if a hacker has been using your email account.

If there's only the mail account itself listed then let me know or if you just get an error message let me know what that error is.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer