Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Frustrated with Customer Service Chat teams

7 REPLIES 7
juliem1
Chatterbox

My mum and I both have Talktalk accounts.  My mum died and I asked if the two email addresses on her account could be added to my account,  This took over a hour, last week, to explain as customer services speak English but do not really understand it that well.  I then had a person from TT call me today to make sure everything is ok.  I explained once again that I am waiting to the email to be transferred to my account. Eventually she finally managed to  then informed me that TT have not done what I asked but they have DEACTIVATED my primary email address together with my husband and daughters email addresses,  This leaves me with a funeral tomorrow and going on holiday next week with no access to mine or my families emails.  She said someone would get back to me in 5 working days!! This is TT's mistake but they are not able to just put the email addresses back on my account or get me logged in.  The stress I am under at this moment is time is unbearable!! Disgusted with TT but then again whats new!  

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @juliem1 

My condolences for your loss.  I've alerted the TalkTalk Community team to come and help you try and fix the access to mailboxes associated with your MyAccount.

Please check that your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Add, then scroll down to Private notes and add the three email addresses from your own MyAccount and then save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and check the situation.

When you sign in to your TalkTalk mailbox (here) do you get signed in or do you see an error message?

Password Reset details may have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. Please do try the Reset your Password option. Is there an alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to?  If there's an alternate email address that you can receive messages from then please reset the password.

If that works then ask your husband and daughter to follow the same process. If password resetting isn't available or doesn't gain you access to the mailboxes then TalkTalk will need to set up Reset details for each mailbox.

On the issue of the mailboxes from your late mother's MyAccount I would have expected the TalkTalk agents to have advised that it is not possible to add these mailboxes to your MyAccount.  Have you been in touch with the TalkTalk Bereavement team to discuss matters?

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Foxyron
Chat Champion

Hi @juliem1 

I'm so sorry for your loss. You really don't need this hassle at this time, but @Gondola has offered some really good advice. Hopefully someone will sort out this mess fof you before long

Regards

Community Team

Hi juliem1,

I'm sorry for you loss, I know it must be a really stressful and upsetting time.

I can see this has been escalated to our CEO's Office as a complaint and they are looking into resolving the issue for you, have they arranged to call you back with an update?

Chris

juliem1
Chatterbox

Thanks for that.  They have been in touch and I can log on to my email now just not My Account.

Community Team

Hi juliem1,

Glad to hear there's been some improvement, are they looking to the My Account issue?

Chris

juliem1
Chatterbox

I am still waiting for them to sort it all out.  I have no access to my account. It was actually the bereavement team who seem to have caused all the problems.  Because English is not their first language it is trying to explain it to them , they say they understand  then say something completely wrong.  You explain it again and just go round and round in circles with them 

Community Team

It seems really simple to me you need to add to emails from your mum's account to yours. It's a fairly common request especially as part of the bereavement process. If I've fully understood you, then let me know and I'll see how I can help you get sorted.