Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HELP!

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Conversation Starter
I will add screengrabs but I was told too many posts slows things down on here.
Help!
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

ROUTER4.PNG

Help!
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

There's no need to add screengrabs I'm happy to believe you. I'm not aware that we have a known issue that means we tell customers to speak to Microsoft. Is it exclusively Microsoft sites that you can't access?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
OK Sorry. Yes . Mainly any permutatation that leads to a sign in page, however I was googling the problem last week and a promising page turned up in results at microsoft support but that page would not display either. I have tried Chrome, Edge, IE9, Firefox and 3 devices.
Help!
Highlighted

I've just turned on Kidsafe and allowed the Ms site along with hotmail.com give them a try and let me know what happens.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
What and where is kidsafe?
Help!
Highlighted

Have you factory reset the router?

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Last week. Whats Kidsafe? My yougest is 18 so I dont use anything like that. Do you think maybe I need a new router? 

Also the chap at the call centre seemed to know what I was talking about, which surprised me. 

Help!
Highlighted

Kidsafe is part of homesafe and is one of the services in your MyAccount. Have the changes I made fixed it?

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

You where making remote changes? You see I did not get that. You need to be literal if possible with me. I stopped breathing for over 20 minutes and my brain likes literal lol. 

No the page is still the same. 

Help!
Highlighted

Well not being able to access secure sites is something that is well known and has various fixes depending on the exact issue. If you were only using I.E. then you could understand advising you to do a google search for the solution as there's plenty of support for that issue. Homesafe could be affecting your connection even though you've not got it active that's why I made changes for you. I take it you still can't get access and you've cleared your cache since we started this conversation?

Highlighted

I'm back in at 06:30 in the morning. If you can give the router another factory reset for me. 

Conversation Starter

Yes Still no access. I just cleared cache and history. I also use Ccleaner daily, I'll run that as well restart the brouser and get back to you. 

Thanks

Help!
Highlighted
Conversation Starter
I did another factory reset just now before I saw this lol. i WILL TRY AND BE ABOUT EARLY.
Help!
Highlighted

Hi

I've updated the router firmware, and the DNS is set to google.

Can you try to access Hotmail from your devices and tell me if anything changes.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

Sorry when you said you were back in at 6.30 in the morning it sounded like that was it for the day. My home help arrived not long after you posted that so the PC went off. 

Nope none of that has worked. Its nearly midnight and I spotted your reply shutting down my browser 20 Minutes ago.(I have to type with 1 finger & proof read many times as theres no edit function) 

I will probably not be around until much later. I usually wake up for meds at that time but I am in agony (add a double scoliosis to the fun things that I live with) until well past 10am. I will try to

be online from 10.30am til 12pm tomorrow and then 1pm til 4pm. I have been warned by my doctor about sitting for hours in front of the computer, my legs swell up. I have "feet up" and "take a break" messages on my operating system to remind me. I'm not profoundly disabled by any means, I walk my dog for examp.le, but I have multiple issues that are making this a most unpleasent experience. I appreciate and thank you for help but I would humbly ask if this can be resolved as a matter of urgency. This is a long time for a basic function of the service I pay for, not to work.   It also seems systematic of Talk Talk that the left hand either does not talk to right hand or the chap at the call centre was lying to me, neither one is good. 

I'm being as patient as someone in my position can be. Please HELP. 

Help!
Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Just a quick reply to say I'm online. I rebooted the router again by removing the power lead and waiting 10 seconds before reconecting it, in case that was required after Firmware update. Sadly login live displays same message as past fortnight on Chrome and the following on Microsoft Edge
Hmmm... cannot reach this page
Try this
Make sure that you’ve got the right web address: https://login.live.com
Search for "https://login.live.com" on Bing
Refresh the page
Details

Thank you for any assistance.
Cheers
Pete
PS I also posted around 12pm last night.
Help!
Highlighted

Pete, I've reset your router from our end to give you a new IP address in case the problem is caused by our routing and we've upgraded the firmware on your router. Let me know how you get on. 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Sorry to add another post but, against my better judgment, I decided to try a fresh install of Windows 10, the one where apps and files are left intact. 2 hours later and I just logged on and...  nothing has changed. At least that has elimated another possibility. 

Help!
Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hi Ady, No still nothing mate. I've tried allsorts of routes of getting to sign in as well. This is a real BAFFLER!
Help!