Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HELP!

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

If that doesn't work. Please run a couple of traceroutes to the sites that are problematic so that I can get our routing checked. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Ady,

This is new to me, so can I ask will entering tracert google.co.uk 

give me results for all pages open? Do I need to have just the live.com page open and if so do I need adjust what I put into the CMD box.

Sorry the guide is not clear enough for me to grasp. 

Help!
Highlighted

Run the traceroutes for me and post back and I'll get a fault ticket raised for you to get this investigated further. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
How the heck am I supposed to pass the results on to you when the CMD box dissappears as soon as its finished? Judging by the amount of time it takes for this forum to "work" we may have to continue this after I've walked my dog at midday.

As I explained to you, I need things to be explained to me clearly. Situations like the one you just caused, IE asking me to do either the impossible or something I do not understand is really not helpful to fix this nor my overall health.
Help!
Highlighted

Go to CMD  type tracert live.com or whatever the URL is for the pages you can't get.  

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I've tried half a dozen times now. I can get the CMD box to temporarily freeze by right click but only with 7 results on. The next 5 appear so quickly and the box vanishes that I can't copy them.

Please inform if theres something I can do. Back in an hour. 

Help!
Highlighted

You may be better off getting in touch with the CEO team. They'll be able to speak to you on the phone and have a tech call you to work through this with you. There's not a simpler way to tell you have to run a traceroute. I've got my results on my screen the window hasn't closed. Let me know if you'd prefer that I raise this to the CEO team for you. 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Ady,

I've been with Talk Talk 5 years. Its been a bumpy ride. I don't do TV so the good price broadband and phone is deal for me. 

The worst part of the 5 years has been the call centres. Trust me I'm far from racist as well. I've had a lot of folks who can't understand me, a few who have out and out lied (I'm not counting yesterdays episode) and many folks whom I struggle to understand. Thats not just an accent barrier I struggle to grasp a lot of "locals" too. One one occasion in 2015 I had no phone for over 14 days. Because my internet worked perfectly and electronic tests showed nothing I was ignored and finally called a liar by one chap. I found the CEOs email and contacted Dido Harding pointing out my difabilities (sic) and her BBC Watchdog record. The following day an engineer came out, confirmed what I said leading to BT digging up a cable nearly under the flat that had all but snapped in the cold. 

Its not yours or Keiths fault but due to the design of this forum, getting help here has been like getting teeth pulled, whilst phoning, (I refer you to yesterdays "known issue" answer) is like a mostly like a sharp kick in the wotsits.... If I could get out of my contract at this stage I would...

You say your CMD boxes dont vanish, may I ask are you using 64bit Win10? there must be a reason my FRESH INSTALL behaves differently, or a workaraound, IE can I hold a key down to stop the box going? 

Help!
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

ROUTER5.PNG

Help!
Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Thats the best I can do. It wont copy/paste. I can get it to freeze with a left click but the last 3 lines and the box going happen really fast. Please bare with me on here, I have been through a lot with your call centre and frankly I've had enough. The one time I tried to resolve this issue on the phone with tech support I was told it was a known issue and given a microsoft number. You queried that statement , who is one meant to react to that?
I've also now done the last resort action of the microsoft guy, to no avail.
My home help, who worked in IT as well, suggested opening a Gmail account then importing all items, but one needs to sign in which is not working.

Please Help me.
Help!
Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Ady,
I need to lie down for a bit. Maybe an hour or 2, Doctors advice, who am I too argue lol. I would really appreciate if you could see this out. Let me know if that screengrab was any use to you.

Cheers
Pete
Help!
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Been back a while. Nothing has worked still needing help. ANY replies would be appreciated.  When I joined the forum on Friday (Its Wednsday now) I followed a link from my TalkTalk dashboard/website marked "ask the community" . I've added this because I'm downloading a copy which does not appear to be datestamped.  Not even the demoralising "? hours ago" appears on my copy.  If anyone wonders why I need a copy, I'm a differently abled person with memory problems and a sometimes troubled perception of time elapsed , as in days/weeks etc. 

Help!
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Ady,

Partial TRACERT results. Scroll up. I've added this as it seems to be getting ignored, so I don't know if its been seen by you or not.

Can you give me an indication please of the times when help will be available?

There was a reply last night around this time (9pm) which surprised me as you had said 6.30 am. 

As explained I struggle with sitting for long periods but I only have the use of the PC I built when I was healthier or the gaming rig I built for my son which is here waiting for me to have a painfree window to fit a new liquid cooler. 

Sorry to keep posting but I am waiting hours for replys. Very uncomfortable hours I might add. 

Help!
Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Who ever this gets pased too, please take 5 minutes to read the whole topic.
My ermails are not accessable (the problem) and I don't own or use a mobile phone. I hardly go out so its an uneeded expense.
Various problems I have had with the call centre and phone tech support are mentioned. They are the reason I came here for help in the first place.
One of the problems with phone support is that me not having a mobile phone has actually been hard for some agents to grasp and also in the past it has stymeyed automatated Talk Talk systems when I am unable to enter a mobile number because I don't have one.

Here is my only hope, but it really is starting to feel past hope.
To speed things up a call from someone on here rather than a call centre who struggles to understand me might work.

Easter is also looming. This needs to be fixed tomorrow or I'm contacting oftel to find out if my contract has been breached as far as services not provided. That really is not a threat, I'm at the end of my teather and according to the folks I'm sharing this with, understanbly so. One more time. I can barely move in the mornings, my bed has been adapted to help but getting to my PC is not always easy for the 1st few hours of the day. It does not help that I have not been told when or if there will be further contact. Thats incredibly well... incredible.
Help!
Highlighted

Hi Pete, I'm passing you over to the CEO team as they can call you. I'd hesitate about raising it to the ombudsman until you know it's definitely TalkTalk's fault. You'll be called by a CEO complaint manager as soon as they're issued with the complaint. 

Highlighted

Actually before I raise it. Please run the test on this linkhttp://www.fix.talktalk.net/networktest.exe it's safe it's written by my colleague. Add your name and number at the top and then click start, the test will run and will take about 3 minutes. Once it's complete click copy to clipboard and then send that file to me in a Private Message. 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

EDIT.

I cannot seem to send private messages either. I follow the link to send then it takes to a non-descript page with no options. I've tried clickling on your account as well. If I could send messages mate your inbox would be full mukker.... 

Have results

Help!
Highlighted

Those results are great. This makes things even more confusing. You're not only getting to the site, but you're getting there quickly. I'm not back in until Wednesday now. So I'm passing you over to the CEO team as an urgent case. I'll let them have the link to the thread as well as a brief list of what's been tried.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Cheers mate, Thanks for trying, Have a good holiday! 

Help!
Highlighted

Thank you. I'm going be drying my cocker spaniel alot as the weather is due to be wet and he'll be in the lake almost constantly. I hope the CEO tech team can pinpoint the cause of this for you.