Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Help me please...old tiscali account.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

My facebook account was unfortunately hacked last week & as you can imagine it's a tricky time to get help from anyone. 

The email linked to my account was an old tiscali one my husband had & we have tried resetting password but it sends it to the tiscali account & gives no option for a new email account to be added. We need to get access to this old tiscali email so I can regain my Facebook & messenger account please. This is urgent as was a fraud case...can someone please help me...I tried to call talk talk to help but they just cut you off due to CV. Thank you. 

K salmon
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Ksalmon 

As the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective, I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please check / update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

A TalkTalk Community Team member (TT Staff) will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you to verify the registered email user details; so be prepared to provide on request to TT Staff only:

• Email address affected
  • Registered user's Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, the password will be changed and Reset details set up allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

If you don't know how the mailbox came to be compromised please scan your devices used for email for viruses and malware before changing any password.

When you do get access to the tiscali mailbox via the TalkTalk Mail sign in please check there's no Auto forward or Filter rules set up.  Main Settings Menu > Settings > Mail in the side panel > Auto Forward - disable + Filter rules disable

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

To confirm you're the account holder can you reply to me via PM (Personal Message) with the following information: 

• Full Name
  • Home telephone number or account number
  • Are you the account holder
  • 1st and 3rd characters of your telephone telephone enquiry password if you have one

NOTE: If you don’t have a telephone password why not add one now check out Setting up your telephone password for details

If password is unknown, confirm the below:
  • Your registered email address:
  • Your registered mobile phone number:  

Note: Please do not post personal information directly in the Forums.

Thanks

SimonB
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hey , 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

I have sent you a PM please can you respond to that.

Thanks

SimonB