Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Hmmm... An introduction...

7 REPLIES 7
synkrotron
Popular Poster

Blimey!

I'm only here because I have a problem with my email client... again...

Works fine with my 123-reg email account but every now and then my Pipex account plays up.

Anyway, real name = andy and I make music, of a fashion... Mainly electronic stuff... kind of ambient... some experimental... some modular synth stuff.

I do other things to but my main obession is music.

There! An introduction Smiley_Face

cheers

andy

andy
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Andy

Welcome to Community.

I've replied to your first topic. Although it won't be music to your ears as I'm suggesting it might be a good time to retire the Pipex email service.

Music time and a fanfare for a new email client supporting a new email service.

The new TalkTalk Mail service hasn't launched yet but here's a sneak peek for you.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

synkrotron
Popular Poster

Hi Gondola,

Thank you for a prompt reply Smiley_Face

Reitire my Pipex email!

Shock! Horror!

I'll be honest... The only reason I have stayed with TalkTalk so long now is to hang on to an email address that I must have been using for fifteen years or more. So ditching that email may signal a change of broadband provider too, I'm afraid.

Thanks for the link anyway, I will have a look into that.

cheers, and thanks again,

andy

andy
OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Andy, at the moment there are a few people reporting intermittent but regular issues with their pipex mail particularly login issue. To raise a ticket I'll need details of the error, the messages you receive, the times and dates that it occurs and obviously I'll need a landline, Mobile and the affected email address in your profile. Once that's all done I'll get it raised for you.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

synkrotron
Popular Poster

Hi Ady,

Thanks for responding here.

I will PM you some details, rather than posting them in a public area.

cheers

andy
synkrotron
Popular Poster

Oh dear... It appears I am unable to send you private messages.

I have just started my email client and, as per yesterday, it fails when trying to connect to my Pipex account.

I get the following errors in the log:-

18:22:30 Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability
18:22:30 obscured for customer securitydsl.pipex.com [IMAP] Uploading messages: To folder xxxxxxxx@dsl.pipex.com/Sent
18:22:30 xxxxxxxx@dsl.pipex.com [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder xxxxxxxx@dsl.pipex.com/
18:23:00 xxxxxxxx@dsl.pipex.com [IMAP] Uploading messages: Done
18:23:00 xxxxxxxx@dsl.pipex.com [IMAP] MailExceptions.ConnectionException: No server response within 30 second timeout. ---> System.IO.IOException: No server response within 30 second timeout.

I have removed the pipex email address.

I have had a look at my client to see if I can change the timeout setting but it doesn't appear possible.

Also, I tried to resolve this issue via "live chat" last night and the representitive said they can not help with email client issues and that I should contact the client vendor.

cheers, and thanks again for your help

andy
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @synkrotron

As a 'newbie' you may find that Private Messaging is not enabled but the Private Notes area of your Community profile can be viewed only by you and the selected TalkTalk support team.

So, just ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your current landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add, in the Private Notes box, the email address and relevant notes asked for by OCE_Ady and save changes. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Chris
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Andy,

Sorry about the PM issue, resolved that now should you should be able to send a PM

Chris