cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Homecall email wont send - for over 15 hours!!

8 REPLIES 8
AmaMacKem
Conversation Starter
Yesterday, I sent:- - 4 email between appx 3.30 & 4pm; - 10 between 8.30 & midnighgt - one on Wedneday last & none for the preceding 2 weeks as in hosp. At midnight appx I started to get error saying email cant be sent as I have sent too many recently. Today, 1 hours later 3 of 6 in outbox sent then error starts again. What action can I take that will be effective against TT ? They've done this before. I'm currently off to hosp again for a few days so the last half hour trying to find a non-idiot on TT help has been frustrating to say the east. I've been told .homecall.co.uk isn;t a TT email address & that I dont have a contract so cant use the phone support!! Worringly I'm supposed to use the email system to confirm hosp appointments etc.... How can I get them to lift this ridiculous ban, to recognise that they bill me & I Pay therfore should get ohne support? How do i get them to stop putting such bans on my emails? (Back Wed / Thurs)
Community Team

Hi

Are you able to send the emails directly from Webmail , so not from your email client ?

Do you see the error if you send via webmail ?

Thanks

Karl. 

AmaMacKem
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl.

I can't try direct from webmail as password is forgotten and incorrect one is in  browser. 

I'm still getting trouble, although it is rather random. At most I'm sending no more tan 10 emails from my account a week - and most days recently none as I've been n hospital.

Today it took an hour to send 4 emails, two of which were to yy abuse emai address. I seem to get the trouble on sessions where I'm trying to report email abuse.

Community Team

Hi AmaMacKem, there are problems with other ISPs are rate limiting and deferring mail from our pipex servers at the moment. Our email admins are working hard to clear this problem.

AmaMacKem
Conversation Starter

Hmm - ok. Thanks for yr reply.

TBH I'm not sure I fully understand the problem, particularly as this as been going on for quite a while. Will check back at weekend to see if there's been any progress.

Community Team

Yeah its gobbledegook isn't it. The short answer is Pipex platform is very old and not as advanced as the main email platform. It's also got alot of very old mailboxes that aren't used or are used and have a very weak password. This means a lot of spam and by that I mean hundreds of thousands of mails hit the mail servers of other ISPs who then either reject our mail, delay it to scan it thoroughly or limit the amount of our mail that they accept. It's something our Email team are working on it's a very time consuming issue as it's such an old system they're having to work with. 

I hope that's a better explanation or at least easier to understand.

AmaMacKem
Conversation Starter

Ahh .. Yh, that's more comprehensible to me. Thanks - appreciated.

After failures yesterday, this is this afternoon's response...

From one email box:-

14:16:53 **@homecall.co.uk [POP3] Downloading messages: From **@homecall.co.uk 14:16:53 **@homecall.co.uk [POP3] Disconnected: From **@homecall.co.uk 14:16:53**@homecall.co.uk [POP3] Disconnected: Done

so that one seems ok.

However, first 'send email' attempt from the other (main family) email box:-

14:16:55 ///@homecall.co.uk [POP3] Disconnected: From ///@homecall.co.uk

14:16:55 ///@homecall.co.uk [POP3] Disconnected: Done

14:18:08 ///@homecall.co.uk [SMTP] Connecting: To ///@homecall.co.uk

14:18:13 ///@homecall.co.uk [SMTP] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Connection failed due to the following reason:

14:18:13 "This is usually a temporary error during hostname resolution and means that the local server did not receive a response from an authoritative server"

14:18:13 at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status) 14:18:13 at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status) 14:18:13 at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Thought it worth sharing as you may know what the socket exception means.

Only trying to send hubby's payslip email to his tt.net email.  Has taken 20 minutes.

Log when finally succeeded:-

14:37:02 ///@homecall.co.uk [SMTP] Connecting: To ///@homecall.co.uk
14:37:13 ///@homecall.co.uk [SMTP] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Connection failed due to the following reason:
14:37:13 "No such host is known"
14:37:13 at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
14:37:13 at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
14:37:13 at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
14:37:15///@homecall.co.uk [SMTP] Connecting: To ///@homecall.co.uk
14:37:27 ///@homecall.co.uk [SMTP] Connected: To ///@homecall.co.uk
14:37:27 ///@homecall.co.uk [SMTP] Sending messages
14:37:28 ///@homecall.co.uk [SMTP] Disconnected: From ///@homecall.co.uk
14:37:28 ///@homecall.co.uk [SMTP] Disconnected: Done

It's such a pain as his employer must have pay system from the ark as they claim they can't update his email record to his TT.net address. (Am reserving the right to scream, and / or institute carrier pigeon delivery.) Thanks for yr help n info.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @AmaMacKem 

Please edit your post to obscure the multiple instances of email addresses. Click the triple vertical dot icon top right of your post. Spammers will find these addresses and use them to send spam.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

AmaMacKem
Conversation Starter

Thanks @Gondola... done, i think.