cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How can I check that Mail Plus registration has actually worked?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

As I'm sure many others have, I received an email from TalkTalk saying that I needed to join Mail Plus for £50 per year or lose my email address.

I can't afford to lose my TalkTalk email so I reluctantly signed up for this a week ago through a rather glitchy (page load problems etc) process. I think it worked ok in the end because I got to a page saying that I was successfully registered to the annual payment plan. However, the printing of this page was also a glitchy process and the printout is a little garbled and showing "form submission errors" etc. I have also not seen £50 taken from the account I used to pay.

Does anyone know if there is a way I can actually check that I am signed up for Mail Plus?

The cut off date for my account given to me by TalkTalk is 20th April so I want to resolve this asap.

Any help appreciated.

Simon

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @SimonGC 

First, MailPlus is just for TalkTalk Mail users that are not TalkTalk Consumer broadband customers.  I just would like to check that with you because TalkTalk Mail is free for existing customers and all that's needed is to add the TalkTalk email address(es) to the broadband MyAccount.

Managing your email in My Account 

If the MailPlus application has been checked as valid for your email address and has gone through then you should receive a confirmation email with the account number for your new MailPlus MyAccount and the Direct Debit details.  At the end of sign up there's usually a link to go to the new MyAccount to add mailboxes so all orphaned mailboxes in your name (up to 5) are safeguarded from deletion by being associated with a MyAccount.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for the quick response.

I am no longer a TalkTalk broadband customer, I left them some years ago.

I did not receive a confirmation email from them - that's what's making me think that the glitchy sign up process did not work correctly.

I do however have a printout from the end of the sign-up process that says "Thank you, the email ******@talktalk.com has been successfully registered to the annual payment plan etc etc. Unfortunately, the printout also has some garbage on it such as:

"We were unable to submit the current form due to the following errors" But no errors stated.

and

CMS Entry Id: followed by a stack of characters.

I'm reluctant to go through the sign up process again in case they have a backlog due to staffing issues resulting from Covid-19 and I end up getting charged twice.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi SimonGC 

If you go through the process again then the first thing is to validate the email address to see if it's already associated with a MyAccount.  If it is then there will be a message like this one:

TalkTalk Mail Plus Sign Up Attempt existing MyAccount detected Nov2019

So, try once more and let me know what happens. https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/mailplus

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Gondola,

Many thanks for another quick reply.

I just went through the sign up process again and it seems to have worked better this time. The page loads were less glitchy and at least I got an email response this time saying I was signed up.

For info for others who may look at this thread, the "Print Confirmation" option on the final sign-up page still has problems. It prints about 20 pages of garbage and the front page still has an error report on it.

Thanks for your help!

Simon

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @SimonGC 

Great to know you got the confirmation mail message. There is one thing you could let me know. When you sign in to the MailPlus MyAccount, has the email address already been added to the list of My Mailboxes or did you have to add it?

Thanks for taking time out to let us know. We always appreciate your feedback.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Gondola,

I just logged in to the TalkTalk webmail as per usual and the account was there. I'm assuming that I don't need to do anything more.

To be honest, I very rarely use the TalkTalk webmail interface. I use Outlook 99.9% of the time and access TalkTalk, Gmail and business accounts through that. I'm expecting/hoping that my TalkTalk email will just continue to be directed through Outlook.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @SimonGC 

The reason for asking about the MyAccount is:

• To know whether you had to add your email address to MyAccount or whether the MailPlus application auto-added the email address to My Mailboxes.
  • Because the email address must be added to enable client access for Outlook

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - My Services Menu.png

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount.png

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Gondola,

I just checked per the path you describe above and the account is there so, no need to add it.

This is what I was hoping/expecting. i.e. I've just paid £50 for seamless continuity of the email service that I have had for many years.

Thanks for your help with this.

Simon

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Simon

Excellent.

I just wanted to double check with you that your expectations were fulfilled.

Stay safe.