cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How can I delete a Tiscali.co.uk email address please?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi, I have the same problem. I have an old tiscali email address that I no longer use but is attracting a lot of spam. How can I delete this email address permanently from TalkTalk?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @PetraPan

If you're a TalkTalk broadband customer and the Tiscali email account is listed in your MyAccount area then you may delete it straight away.

If you're not a TalkTalk customer then the best option is to get the email account suspended and then after 180 days of no use the account will be flagged for deletion.  Having the account suspended means it's no longer at risk of being hijacked and possibly used to pretend it's you.

You'll need to prove ownership of the email account, so, just double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Your Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the Tiscali email address when first registered.

Full postal address linked to the Tiscali email address when first registered.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is used to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team and the email expert will respond to you right here to help you with account or password recovery.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer
Thanks for all that info. I'll await contact from the support team.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi PetraPan, you can delete the email yourself through MyAccount. You'll need to make another email your login for MyAccount first but once that's done you can just delete as normal. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.