cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How do I create a new topic for webmail?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Labrat
Problem Solver

This might seem daft, but even though I've created new topics before, I suddenly can't see any way of doing it. which is why I've had to hijack this one.

what I wanted to ask was, can somebody please explain webmail? I have created three TalkTalk accounts, but can't find any way of seeing more than one – and that doesn't even tell you which one it is.

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Amazingly, you have already created a topic on webmail and even more amazingly it's had a response from one of the Community members right here.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Labrat
Problem Solver

The same thing has just happened again. The glib replies have come by assuming that I arrived at the forum by a direct route from the main menu. It's just happened to me again. I couldn't get any help from the Chat, so I used the search facilty instead. After several attempts, continually unchecking the Help Topic box, I arrived at a question that somebody else had asked. It was completely relevant (although unsatisfactorily answered) and I felt like replying, but then I remembered that this isn't allowed, although nowhere did it say so, and in any case I wasn't logged in. After logging in I was taken straight back to that other person's question, but then where do you go from there? There was no button on the page that said 'start a new topic, or even 'forum home'. In fact I'm still not quite sure how I eventually managed to work it out. The fault is with the design of the forum, not the users.

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Labrat 

Each forum for starting or creating member topics has a Start a topic button top left of the member's posts in each forum.

• From the Home page (link on the grey header bar)
  • Select Community
  • You'll see the Community Forum Index
  • For example, select Help with your TalkTalk service
  • Email & Webmail
  • Scroll down to the member posts and the Start a topic button

But you say you end up on a member's question and need to know how to get to the Start a topic button.

Two ways -

1. Use the navigation immediately below the Hero image and Community search for the answer? bar
  2. Use the yellow Browse tab that's on the top left of all pages when signed in

Create a new topic for webmail 1.png

The navigation indicates exactly where you are in the forums. You can always select the Home page from the grey header bar or from the navigation below the Hero image. 

Let's say, in this example, the topic posted by member Labrat (Problem Solver) doesn't answer your question so you select Email & Webmail from the navigation and that takes you to the start of the Email & Webmail forum and with a little scroll down you see the Start a topic button.

Create a new topic for webmail 2.png

Or, if you select the Browse tab you'll be presented with a menu of all the main posting points in Community. If you want help with an aspect of your TalkTalk service like Email & Webmail then select Help with your TalkTalk service.  

Create a new topic for webmail 3.png

Then the particular aspect of the TalkTalk service, in this case Email & Webmail. And that takes you to the start of the Email & Webmail forum and with a little scroll down you see the Start a topic button. 

Create a new topic for webmail 4.png

Which is where you create a new topic for Webmail.

But if you wish for individual help in other forums when you cannot find an existing answer from the search it's best to Start a Topic of your own.  Community works best with a topic, an owner, an individual solution.

To Start a Topic in Help with your TalkTalk Service (Broadband) Click here.
To Start a Topic in Help with your TalkTalk Service (Fibre Broadband) Click here.
To Start a Topic in Help with your TalkTalk Service (TalkTalk TV) Click here.
To Start a Topic in Help with your TalkTalk Service (Billing, Your account & MyTalkTalk app) Click here.
To Start a Topic in Help with your TalkTalk Service (Home Phone) Click here.
To Start a Topic in Help with your TalkTalk Service (Mobile) Click here.
To Start a Topic in Help with your TalkTalk Service (Email & Webmail) Click here.
To Start a Topic in Help with your TalkTalk Service (HomeSafe & SuperSafe Boost) Click here.

Importantly, do check that your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add any additional information in Private notes box (e.g an email address) and save changes. It'll make it easier for the TalkTalk team to get a fast response to a request for help with your Talk service.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer