cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How do I delete my old tiscali email addresses

6 REPLIES 6
First Timer

I need to delete my old Tiscali accounts please as they have been hacked and I no longer need them

Community Star

Hi @Hammer Fan 

If you're a TalkTalk Consumer broadband or MailPlus customer then you can delete mailboxes that are listed in your MyAccount.

If the mailboxes aren't listed then the Data Protection Team will verify you as the registered mail user take your instructions to delete your data as is your right under the GDPR 'right to be forgotten'

Information and address is in the help page Access information we hold on you 

Deletion is a good choice to protect your reputation and security. Do let us know how you get on as it's good to get feedback.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

First Timer

Hi 

Not a talk talk customer so please can you let me know how I delete these two accounts as they are causing security  problems as they have been hacked and I cannot gain access to restrict or delete

Community Star

Hi Hammer Fan 

Make a written application to the Data Protection Team who will verify you as the registered mail user take your instructions to delete your data as is your right under the GDPR 'right to be forgotten'

Information and address is in the help page Access information we hold on you 

Deletion is a good choice to protect your reputation and security. Do let us know how you get on as it's good to get feedback.

First Timer

Is there any other way to suspend the accounts until then

Community Star

Hi Hammer Fan 

To secure a mailbox to lock out a hacker you'd change the password. So it entirely depends if you can sign in or have set up password reset details.

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. Please do try the Forgotten your Password? option. If there's an alternate shown other than the mailbox itself that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password.

If you can then sign in to TalkTalk Mail, let me know.  I'll then have further checks for you to do on the mailbox settings to make sure mail isn't being diverted to the hacker. 

First Timer

I have tried the forgotten password process but the alternate email and phone numbers I have no access to now as they were my old work details and do not work there anymore.

Disabling the accounts would be good if we could - I have just written as advised ref the GDPR to DPO for deletion

Thanks