cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How to Import new email address to address book .

ANSWERED
6 REPLIES 6
Chat Champion

I need to import clients email address to my address book .So it will  fill in the email address automaticaly  as i type the first letter as it normal ,,.  I have done this before,  but now i find i need to know more about  my import address client than i know about my own wife .  Help .

Spanner man
Community Star

Hi @oldgit67 

First export your contacts from an existing contacts address book

• Select Export and Comma Separated Values (CSV)
  • Save the exported Contacts CSV File to a local folder or desktop on your device

To import to the TalkTalk Address Book Contacts folder:

• Select the Address Book app from the header
  • Select the Contacts folder in the folder view side panel
  • Select the Actions on Contacts icon (triple line icon) next to the folder name
  • Select Import from the menu list
  • In the pop-up window
    Select the CSV data format
    Select the Upload button to locate the saved Contacts CSV File
    Select the blue Import button

Contacts Import.png

Or you can export as a vCard and Import as a vCard.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Chat Champion
Niot what i need . So a new friend emails me. I need to put the new friends email address in to my email address book.So like all my other clients and friends that i canin there if i go in to it . How do i get friends name in there, so when i need to email them as i start to type first letter of email address it fills it in automaticly ? Hope this is clear now .
Spanner man
Community Star

Hi oldgit67 

What you're looking for is:

• Automatically collect contacts in the folder "Collected addresses" while sending
  • Automatically collect contacts in the folder "Collected addresses" while reading

You'll find these options via the Main Settings Menu (triple line icon top right on the header)

• Settings
  • Mail in the side panel
  • Under Common

Chat Champion

All sorted now for some reason when i cliked on import,then  i was taken to  a form to fill in with the information about my client  . So after i filled in just her email address it said all fields are not filled in .Well i know nothing about the client other than her email address So i did it again ...i just filled in her email address and dam me it worked this time and her email address was saved to contacts.   Thanks for your help .Trevor /.

Spanner man
Community Star
Solution

Hi oldgit67 

The one-off option is there.

Just select the sender's name from the mail message detailed view and you'll get a pop-up and top left of that is an Add to address book link.

Review and add to the fields as you require and select the Save button.

Chat Champion

Yes it how i have donr it before .But why it keept asking me to fill in all the questions i will never know .  Thanks sorted   Trev

Spanner man