Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How to change onetel password-not a talktalk customer

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi - I would like to change my onetel password as my account details may have been compromised. I am not a TalkTalk customer.

I can access my onetel account through the link mailzone.onetel.net.uk

Thanks

bpb100
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @bpb100 

Interesting that we are seeing a number of OneTel mail users requesting password changes. What was it that gave you concern that your password may have been compromised?

In relation to authorisation for a password change I'll request the TalkTalk Community team reply to you here from Monday onwards.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

A TalkTalk OCE will reply to this thread and Community Private Message you to verify the registered email user details:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number for the team to contact you

When verified, the password will be changed and one of the TalkTalk team will call on your mobile to check security with you, let you know the password and check it works. A computer generated password is not likely to be memorable so write it down carefully and store in a secure place.

Are you aware of the future migration of mailboxes to the TalkTalk Mail platform? The Mail Support Hub has more information. 

You'll also wish to know about signing up to TalkTalk Mail Plus for mail users that are not currently TalkTalk broadband customers.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi bpb100,

I've raised this to our network team to have the password reset, when this is done you'll be contacted with the new password

Thanks

Chris