cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How to delete e-mail name which is mis-spelt when I go to log on to my mail account.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

Hopefully someone can answer this. I mis-spelt a name on my e-mail account and when I go to login on my mail account with Talktalk it shows this mis-spelt e-mail. I have tried to delete it but I cannot. Even when I spoke to TalkTalk they cannot get  rid of it. It is not imperative I get rid of it as I have the correct spelling as well. However, it is SOOOOO annoying when I have used it by mistake. It causes many problems so if I could I would like to get rid of it!

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Kenobi 

Welcome to the TalkTalk Community.

There are just two ways for the customer to delete a mailbox.

1. Delete the mailbox in MyAccount
  2. Ask the Data Protection to delete the mailbox

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer broadband customer?  You have a MyAccount?

Is the email address listed in your MyAccount, My Mailboxes?  What is the last bit of the email address after the @ - for  example, is it talktalk.net or tiscali.co.uk or lineone.net

I'll let you know if you can delete the mailbox. The guidance is in Managing your email in My Account 

If you need the Data Protection Team to carry out the deletion under your Right to Erasure then all the advice to contact them is in the following Help article:

Access information we hold on you 

Under the current conditions it's best that you write to the team to request deletion.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Kenobi did you manage to get this sorted?

SimonB