Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How to find/change a Homecall password

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi,

I'm using a friend's computer to set up a new email program (he's not getting on with Thunderbird!). To set up a new program, he'll need to know his password - but we don't have it.

Could someone please help us reset the password?

Many thanks,

Patrick

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @philbond 

Your friend may need TalkTalk help to change a Homecall password. TalkTalk will need to communicate direct with the registered user of the email so your friend will need to register with Community and make that request for help.

However, if the mail account has already been set up and was working with Thunderbird then Thunderbird's password manager may have the stored password.

Thunderbird Menu > Options > Options > Passwords > Saved Passwords > Show Passwords and confirm and then you'll see the saved Homecall password.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

That's perfect - many thanks.

We've found the password in Thunderbird, so all is now good!

Patrick

Highlighted
Community Star

Excellent.

Just let your friend know that they'll need to register on Community if they need a password change in the immediate future. 

There is a planned upgrade of homecall mailboxes to the new TalkTalk Mail platform.  When that happens there will be an email reminder to set up Reset details - an alternative email address and mobile 'phone number to receive a password reset link or code for self-help password changes. Please let your friend know to set up those Reset details.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer