cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

I am not receiving emails in to my ukgateway.net inbox.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Participant

This is a Tiscali service taken over by Talktalk which worked upto a few days ago. I can log into my email account and send emails but not receive them. As I do not have any services supplied by Talktalk I cannot  create an account to use the usual options like changing passwords.

Talktalk has obviously change something. I am setting up emails with gmail as I no longer trust Talktalk but need to see what emails have been sent to me. Can you help?

PL
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Peterme7 

If you can sign in and send emails then you'd appear to have the password working so is it just that the mailbox is full? 

Using an Internet browser to sign in to TalkTalk Webmail can you sign in ok without error messages and see the Inbox?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Participant

I have deleted several pages of emails and emailed myself but have not received it. The problem seems to be receiving emails.

PL
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Peterme7 

If your mailbox is over full you may need to delete a whole lot more emails than you think to release space for new emails to arrive.  Deleted emails also count towards the total so the Trash needs emptying after the deletions.

The system has headroom and allows the Inbox to overflow but eventually the overflow reservoir is full and the receipt of emails ceases. So the overflow has to be deleted and sufficient space created to allow normal mailbox operation to resume. You might be deleting 1,000's of emails.

Did you get a bounceback error message to the email you sent that was never received?

Does it look like the Inbox is full to you? It is of course possible there's a corrupted email that's blocking everything but all the time you can delete emails it would seem that the mailbox is working ok. Let me know how you get on with some more deletions.

Highlighted
Participant

I am deleting more old emails in all my folders. I did not get any bounce back errors either from my ukgateway email address or from gmail.

PL
Highlighted
Participant

I have deleted emails in all my folders and empty the trash folder. This has not fixed the problem. Has Talktalk changed the incoming mail server for ukgateway/Tiscali?

PL
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Peterme7 

The next step is to have the email admins look at the mailbox to check for issues.

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your email account and check it out.

The server settings for ukgateway email accounts and email collected via an email client haven't changed and are here: Email settings - IMAP and POP3 scroll down and expand the ukgateway section.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Peterme7,

Could you add the affected email address to the private notes section of your community profile so that we can look into this further 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

Ok I have amended my profile as requested.

PL
Highlighted
Participant

I am now unable to sign into Talktalk at all. I have not changed anything so what’s going on?

PL
Highlighted
Participant

I can log in at last but still cannot receive emails.

PL
Highlighted
First Timer

I have also not been receiving any emails to my gateway.net inbox since 13 March.

I have also deleted a large number of emails and cleaned out the deleted emails.

Looks like a general problem to me.

Highlighted
Participant

Maybe they will sort it out one day. I am moving all my stuff to gmail as my main email account. Good luck in resolving your problems.

PL
Highlighted

Hi Peterme7, can you still log in? Do you want me to raise a fault ticket for you? I can't see this on the database, but if you can log in it must still be there and I'm happy to raise a fault ticket to get the receive sorted for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

I can log in but still cannot receive emails. Please raise a fault ticket.

PL
Highlighted

Is the email address an alias for another email address? If it is I'm told your mail will be arriving in the mailbox for the default address. If not let me know and I'll get this raised for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

I have logged on as as the original email address and have over a hundred emails to check through. Talk Talk seems not to have linked aliases to the original name. Thanks for your help.

PL
Highlighted

Hi Peterme7, I've had confirmation of the situation now. As the main email address has now migrated you can only login to the main (original) email address. You'll need to change any mail clients or apps and set them to that main address and the password for that email address. All the email sent to the alias will continue to be received, but in the main mailbox. I hope that makes sense if not please shout.

Highlighted
Participant

Thanks for your help.

PL