Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

I'm another one who is unable to add an old email address to my account

8 REPLIES 8
Thingy72
Chatterbox

Hello  @OCE_Ady 

Sorry its taken a while but things have been a bit busy in the past few weeks, including a trip to A&E a few days before Christmas!

Anyways - Instead of a tiscali address.... I cant add a prehistoric lineone address

Thanks and sorry if its too late... 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Thingy72 

Thanks for creating a new topic in response to Ady's request.

Just confirm please that you can sign in to the lineone mailbox here.

If you've not used up the 5 mailbox allowance in your MyAccount and the lineone address is still active and you know the password then it should be possible to add it to your MyAccount.

Managing your email in My Account 

But if you get an error message then TalkTalk will need to verify you're the registered user of the lineone mailbox and manually get it added.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the lineone email address with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Thingy72
Chatterbox

Sorry its taken a long time to reply but there's a billion other things to do as a home carer...

I'm still getting the following message

"You do not have an active TalkTalk Broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription, so you are no longer able to create or add new email accounts"

Hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question but How much of that personal information is made public? 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Thingy72 

If the image below is similar to what you're seeing in your MyAccount then it is indicating that you have switched your broadband service away from TalkTalk to another provider.  Is it correct that you are no longer a TalkTalk broadband customer?

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Not a broadband or Mail Plus customer.png

The broadband MyAccount remains active for 12 months after leaving TalkTalk but does not allow you to create or add new mailboxes.

What you now need to do to retain the use of any tiscali or lineone mailboxes is sign up to TalkTalk Mail Plus here.

About TalkTalk Mail Plus 

Thingy72
Chatterbox

That is incorrect - Yes it is what I see, but my broadband is 100% most definitely provided by Talk Talk

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Thingy72 

In that case there may be an error in your MyAccount.

Please confirm that when you do sign in to your MyAccount here that you don't have the option of selecting the current MyAccount and a former MyAccount - there might be a drop-down selection box to select different account numbers. 

If there's no option for selecting different MyAccounts then when TalkTalk correct the error it will clear the orange error message and instead you'll see something like the following:

Manage TalkTalk Mail - Add an existing mailbox.png

And that will then enable you to add the lineone or tiscali mailbox.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name and current TalkTalk landline 'phone number so the MyAccount details can be located.

Thingy72
Chatterbox

Hello

There's no drop down menu of other accounts

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Thingy72 

Thanks for checking to let us know. I'll alert the TalkTalk team.  They'll take a look at your MyAccount to check the setup.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Thingy72, I've raised this to the team who can sort it out for you. I've not got an estimated fix from them, but I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.