cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

I need a new lineone.net password

ANSWERED
6 REPLIES
Highlighted
JohnnyMac2
Popular Poster

Hi, i've just been informed by experian that my lineone.net email and password are being sold on the blackmarket and they said i should change my password immediatly. How do i do this as i haven't got a talk talk account. any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

JohnnyMac2
Popular Poster

P.S. details of email address effected are in my personal notes.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @JohnnyMac2

I've alerted the TalkTalk Community support team regarding the locking of your compromised Lineone email account for your security.

First there is a bit of email account ownership proof to go through so just double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

The Lineone email address affected (noted already done).

Your Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the email address (when you were a former Lineone customer).

Full postal address that the email was linked to.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number for you to call them).

Don't forget to save changes.

You'll appreciate that the personal information is just to access and verify the details on record for the service account that the Lineone email was related to.

The OCE's (TalkTalk Community support team) and the email expert will respond to you right here to help you with security advice and password recovery.

Gondola - I'm a PlusTV customer *
JohnnyMac2
Popular Poster

Tnanks for your help Gondola. I’ve entered all the details in personal info that you asked for. Much appreciated.

Community Team
Solution

Hi JohnnyMac2, you don't need us to reset the password. You were shrewd enough to setup the password reset tool for your mobile number. If you use the password reset tool you'll have your password reset and safe in just a couple of minutes.

JohnnyMac2
Popular Poster

Thanks for your help Ady. All sorted.

Cheers.

Community Team

You're very welcome. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.