Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

I need to delete my old Tiscali email account

ANSWERED
8 REPLIES 8
Conversation Starter

Hi, I have not been on for some time so hope I am in the right area.

I need to delete my old Tiscali account, which was an old dial up with Tiscali before I joined TalkTalk.

I have put information into my  personal area.

Could someone have a look and help me please.

Thank you.

Community Star
Solution

Hi @tt-112 

The easy way is to delete the Tiscali email account yourself.  This relies on it being listed as an active mailbox in an active MyAccount.  Instructions are in the article Managing your email in My Account 

If you're a current TalkTalk broadband customer then please sign in to MyAccount and select My Services and Manage TalkTalk Mail to see if the mailbox is there.  If it is select Delete and follow the instructions to see if the listing disappears.

Manage TalkTalk Mail - Delete a mailbox.png

If not then select Add an existing mailbox and follow the instructions to see if the listing appears.  Then go back a step to make it disappear. Yes, it's just like magic!

If the Tiscali email address is associated with another MyAccount or is not on the active database then you'll not be able to perform the required magic yourself.  In which case the Data Protection team are the best magicians to contact to take your authorisation to delete the email account.  Details of how to contact them are in the article Access information we hold on you.  

Do let us know what route you took, what happened and how long before the mailbox was deleted. It's good to get feedback to be able to give good advice to others following you. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Conversation Starter

Hi Gondola,

Thank you for your help.

I realised I actually want to close the whole account (I do not need dial-up access these days) not just delete the 2 email accounts. This account was setup before I was a TalkTalk customer,

I tried a little while ago to work it out but failed and had enough energy the other day to try again.

I signed in to MyAccount but could not see anything that said My Services, I went into all the areas available to me but failed to find anything to Manage TalkTalk Mail , so I have not been able to get any further - as yet.

I cannot remember how I set up my current TalkTalk extra e-mail addresses either which may have been a help.

Thanks again for your help.

tt-112

Community Star

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - My Services Menu.png

Hi tt-112 

When you sign in to your MyAccount does the top of page look similar to the above including the grey header bar that has My Services on it?  And when you select My Services see that it's got Manage TalkTalk Mail in the list to select?

I'm not aware that Tiscali who were brought by TalkTalk has supported dial up Internet access for some considerable time. Are you saying you have an old legacy Internet access account that you're paying for in addition to a completely separate TalkTalk Broadband account that you're also paying for?

Or just that you used to have a dial up Internet access account that also gave you the email addresses?

If the tiscali mailboxes are associated with a very old legacy account, that may or may not be active, then you'll need help to unlink those mailboxes from the legacy account to add to a current MyAccount so that you can choose what to do including permanent deletion of the tiscali mailboxes if you wish.

I think that we should, in any event, call upon help from the TalkTalk support team to look at your account(s) and suggest the best way forward.

Conversation Starter

Hi Gondola,

Great news.

I could not see the lower line on MyAccount screen, until I reduced the magnification to less than 100% when it appeared. I originally did this to send you a screen shot showing I could not see the line, but once I could it all fell into place. When I opened the screen shot it also shows everything I need, so no idea why at 100% Edge would not let me see the top line, but 75% worked for me.

I was able to add the 2 emails, and then delete them.

Wonderful job, thank you so much for your help and persistence in getting me through.

best wishes

TT-112

Community Star

Brilliant work.

You did all the hard stuff. I don't know why Edge wasn't playing nicely but you figured it out and more importantly achieved what you set out to do.

Nice one.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi tt-112, great to see that you've managed to get your problem sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Conversation Starter

Hi Andy,

Yes all done now.

Many thanks for everyone's help especially Gondola for persistence in leading me through.

Still no idea why Edge at 100% was hiding the menu line I needed to see.

Really enjoying TalkTalk having been a customer for some years now, all is Good.

TT-112

Community Team - TT Staff

Nice one, great support from Gondola as always.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.