cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

I use my smartphone for emails and this morning all cannot send emails from my tiscali email

decfin1
Team Player

Gondola,

I am now able to send from the TalkTalk webmail on Chrome. 

Should I now try reactivating the email on my phone?

Gondola
Community Star

My recommendation, if you can face the wait, is to stay signed in to Webmail and leave it to tomorrow to add the email address to the iPhone once more.

If it were me I'd like an extended test of webmail only, staying signed in for an extended period so I could be sure if the block came on again after re-adding the email address to the iPhone that the block was directly related to how the email app was interacting with the mail server.

But when you do add the app to the iPhone and start using it I'd like you to sign out of webmail and then only use the iPhone email for an extended period.

Only then if that's trouble free to then start using webmail as well as the iPhone.

I'd really like you to establish what works and what doesn't work so we can work on a fix.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

decfin1
Team Player

ok, thanks

will stick with webmail for a day or two, then reinstall on phone and swop around, see how it goes.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi decfin1 

Any reported errors using webmail only since Sunday?

decfin1
Team Player

No problems with receiving or sending through TalkTalk webmail portal.

I have not yet reinstalled talktalk email on my smartphone

Gondola
Community Star

Ok, that's good. give me confidence that nobody else is hijacking your mailbox.

So if you sign out of webmail and then reinstall email on the iPhone and use that on its own for a few days.

decfin1
Team Player

ok, I will reinstall tiscalii email on my phone and if successful I will log out of the webmail on Chrome for the next couple of days.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi decfin1, how have you been getting on with just using the Iphone? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

decfin1
Team Player

Andy,

have been using my smartphone only for a week with no problem. 

Today Logged into talktalkWebMail as I needed an old email and heho back to square 1 again, cannot send, got the following message:

Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [xxx@gmail.com] (554 - 554 5.2.0 7ga8kZHcCvqfm Sender Denied (TT608)

Tried from iphone and get the message ' the username or password for xxxx@tiscali.co.uk is incorrect.

decfin1
Team Player

Back to the same problem today after i logged into Webmail to retrieve an old email.

I notice the same is happening to several people, surely a system problem?

OCE_Ady

Hi decfin1, you logged into webmail tried to send and got the error message? You've done a password reset have you? Have you tried a different browser to make sure it's not cache or cookies causing the problem?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

decfin1
Team Player

Andy,

The problem cleared itself overnight.

I also have a @gmail account which runs quite separately to which I have been sending test email to during the problem. This morning they (the test messages that generated the error messages yesterday) all pinged through and arrived in my @gmail inbox having tried to send them yesterday from both smartphone and webmail.

I have tested sending from both smartphone and webmail and they are both working fine now? I will monitor and if the problem arises again I will revert.

OCE_Ady

Ok thanks for posting back to let us know it's righted itself.

Hopefully, it won't come back to bother you. 

Ady

decfin1
Team Player

I hope you are right.

What is concerning Is seeing the number of people having exactly the same issue (the TT608 error message) which allegedly is caused by multiple log ins from different devices or platforms.

Surely it is not unusual for users to log into email from different devices, depending on their circumstance at the time.

I have used smartphone, PC, work laptop, personal laptop, other family laptop/pc, email client, webmail at various times without any issue.

if this is an extra layer of security that has been added by Talktalk, then surely users should have been advised and given appropriate guidance which would then allow an informed decision to be made about whether continuing with Talktalk email is suitable for the individual’s method of usage.

OCE_Ady

It's not unusual, but the system monitors for suspicious activity to protect customers unfortunately it will sometimes pick up activity that isn't malicious.

Ady

Hughmoz
Super Duper Contributor

TalkTalk's emails have been down since yesterday, presumably to do some maintenance work and were supposed to be fixed by this morning. Why TalkTalk cannot simply send out an email to all of their customers main email account to let them know when they are playing around with the service one should ask their CEO? Apparently they sent out a Twitter feed, but most of us probably are not using Twitter, but we all use email. Common sense and TalkTalk do not go hand in hand!

Emails come in, in dribs and drabs, but will not send out. As ever, because the TalkTalk offices were closed Evan at 7-30pm last night one could not get any answers and I have not got 45 minutes to waste on a phone call this morning, because that is the amount of time you have to spend talking people who know nothing. The admin is a mess as, you spend all your time talking to a person looking at a screen rather than someone who actually does some work and knows what is happening. it is obvious from these replies on here that nobody knows that the emails are a big problem still or, that that there is work going on. I cannot believe how adrift from reality the Forum admins are.