Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

I want to cancel my Tiscali email account

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi, 

I have an old Tiscali email account which I rarely use socially but was still linked to a few other accounts ( Facebook, Apple, Paypal). I discovered today that it has been hacked and thus my Facebook has also tried to be hacked using the tiscali email. I have now taken off my Tiscali email from the accounts and now wish to close it down completely as I don't like the thought of someone having access to over 10 years of emails. This has been harder than expected as I don't have a TalkTalk account. Please can you advise me howto do this as quickly as possible. Many thanks

Claire

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Clara2

If your email password is still good you can access the tiscali email account and reset the password to secure the email account quickly.

Reset details may have been set up for the email address with an alternate email and or mobile number. Please do try the Reset your Password option. Other than the reset to the account itself, if there are alternates listed, see if you recognise them from the hints and if you do have access to the alternate email or mobile then please reset the password.

Bear in mind the hacker will see the reset link if sent to the email account itself so if you only have that as a way of resetting the password then action the password change quickly.

If the tiscali email account has been migrated to the new TalkTalk Mail platform you'll also have been prompted to set up Reset details.  Sign in to TalkTalk Mail > Select Menu > Update your reset details.

If, after securing your email account, you wish it to be totally deleted then the Data Protection Team will delete an email account for you.  Recover and save any emails you need and follow the advice in Access information we hold on you Scroll down and expand the section on Right to Erasure.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Claire, it's really easy to do. You just need to follow the right to be forgotten process. right to be forgotten process

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer

Thank you, I have reset the password using the links you have provided. If it appears to get hacked again , I will use your advice to delete the whole account.

Many thanks

Claire

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

You're welcome. Thanks for posting back to let us know. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.