Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

INCORRECT PASSWORD

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

When I log into webmail with a new email I have set up I keep getting incorrect password. I spoke to talktalk who were going to get back to me but I haven't heard anything. I can't use forgotten password link as the email that it will send to is the one I have the problem with. I have another email linked to this account that is active and also have added my mobile number however these other options aren't available when I click on forgotten password. I reset the password in my account but it still doesn't work.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Sally Clarke 

If you've just created the talktalk.net mailbox via your MyAccount but you've forgotten the password and not set up Reset details for password recovery then to save time I'm going to suggest something other than waiting for TalkTalk to manually set up those missing Reset details for you.

Delete the mailbox in your MyAccount and create another. It'll have to be a different first part for the email address though. You'll not be able to recreate an address that's previously been created.

Managing your email in My Account 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Sally Clarke

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

SimonB
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Simon

Profile updated.

Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey Sally, 

I just need some more info from you, could you reply to the private note i've just sent you. 

Thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.