Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

In box subfolders missing

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

I used to keep emails that I wanted to keep in subfolders of the inbox.  These have disappeared  Can anyone help?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Tregary 

Sign in to TalkTalk Mail here and you'll see the mailbox Inbox.

Folder view will show the Folders side panel.  Select View > Folder view or toggle the double arrows bottom left.

Folder Tree

When a folder has sub-folders there's an arrowhead before the folder name.  Select that arrowhead so it's pointing down and you'll see the sub-folders.

Actions on Archive sub-folder

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Yes, thank you for that, I can do that but even when folder view open my subfolders are not there..... any other idea? 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Tregary 

If there's no arrowhead by the Inbox then there are no sub-folders of the Inbox.

Have those subfolders been inadvertently deleted? Have a look in the Trash folder. If that has an arrowhead by it then that folder also has sub-folders.

Do you have an Archive folder?  By default that has sub-folders organised year by year.

If you know what content you're looking for then you can use the Search function top left. Search the Inbox and if the search doesn't find anything you'll be offered a search of the entire mailbox.

If you don't find what you're looking for it's likely not on the server.

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Gondola

Thank you for trying, but no, no triangle next to in box and checked archive and trash and tried search but nothing.  I think I am going to just going to have to wait to speak with Talk talk.....not easy to get an ear with them at the moment thou....:(

Appreciate my problem is not life threatening, but frustrating all the same. 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Tregary 

Given that you cannot find the folders on the server and because TalkTalk does not offer a backup service for mail messages the only place you're going to find those folders is on one of your email devices if it's been set up as a POP3 mail account and has downloaded the folders to the local device.

So, check all devices that you've used to connect to the mailbox and see what you can find.