would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Inbox emails going to trash

14 REPLIES 14
frank rabbets
First Timer

Hello,

I'm new to the community and need help. TalkTalk took my email services on when they took over from Tiscali so I have a Tiscali email. I used Windows Live Mail until about 3 weeks ago when I had a new computer and WLM was no longer available. This meant I had to start using TT Web Mail. Trouble is my emails in inbox go to trash for no reason that I can see. I contacted TT Chat. They said to try a differnet browser after checking my settings. Well there's nothing in the settings, that I can see, that would cause this. Would a browser fault cause this? I don't think so but what COULD cause it? 

Thanks for help.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Frank

Unlikely that there's any Internet browser fault. An email client similar to Windows Live Mail may be moving the messages to the Trash folder when the emails are read and deleted.  Are you connecting any other devices to the Tiscali Mailbox?

But you may have a Blocked Senders Filter carried over from the former Tiscali Webmail. When messages match the Spam Filter rules in the Blocked Senders Filter the messages are moved to the Trash Folder.

To check, sign in to TalkTalk Mail:

• Select the Menu option      top right
    (triple line hamburger icon)
  • Select Settings from the list
  • Select Mail (or Email - left side panel)
  • Select Filter Rules
  • If the Blocked Sender's Filter rule or other filter rules are there
    Select Disable to troubleshoot the issue

The TalkTalk Community team are alerted and whilst waiting for a response please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and Save changes.

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi frank rabbets, once you've followed Gondola's advice post back and let us know how you get on. 

frank rabbets
First Timer

Sorry for delayed reply. I followed Gondola's instructions. Under "Email Filter Rules" it says "There is no rule defined".. I don't have any other device or account receiving my emails.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Frank

All seems good.

Just wondering did you dispose of your old computer or do you still have it? If traded in, for example, it might be worth considering an email password change just to make sure the account is fully secured if it's only you using the email account.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Frank

If the incoming emails are still going direct to the Trash folder with no action on your part then just say as the TalkTalk team can raise a fault ticket to take a look for you.

Community Team

Hi frank rabbets, if you're absolutely certain there are no filters in place and no devices collecting this mail then please add your landline, mobile and the affected email address to your community profile. 

frank rabbets
First Timer

Well I'm getting rapidly *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* off with TalkTalk who can't help me on chat. Also clicked on my face and found "my profile" but I can't add any of my details. A pop up came up saying add details but no box for email. So this the TalkTalk all singing and dancing webmail site is 80% a failure.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Frank

To update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) and include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and Save changes.

frank rabbets
First Timer

Thanks. Page came up in its entirety on your link. Could be my slow speed of 0.6 Mbs !

Community Team

Hi Frank,

I've raised this to our network team, if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates

Thanks

Chris

frank rabbets
First Timer

Thanks. Still going to trash in an unpredictable way.

Community Team

Hi Frank,

Our network team have logged this over to the email admins for further investigation

Thanks

Chris

frank rabbets
First Timer

That's very kind of you. Still happening with no ryhme nor reason.

Frank

Community Team

No Problem, hopefully it will be resolved soon, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris