cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Incoming e-mails being bounced

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks for your help. I finally identified todays problem - for once nothing to do with TalkTalk. I had run a VPN the previous day that had failed to relinquish the profile settings when it quit.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Spoke too soon - the VPN caused the problem with sending, still having receive problems, no emails have come in today since 23.10 yesterday.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Just been notified E-mails still being bounced to some senders today
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Mail bounced at 09.46 this morning TT512 recipient undeliverable so this is still going on.

Added to the earlier ones from 7, 9, 14, 15 and 17th January, reached the threshold for groups.io to stop sending me messages from their mailing lists.

The utterly useless service status of course says email is working fine.

Authentication has been intermittently slow all day today.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Artistef, what errors are they getting back? I'll have to let the team know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Things have been relatively trouble free for the last couple of weeks, but the problem seems to have started again today, and it's affecting more clients than before. Error message from one client reads

"An error occured while sending mail. The mail server responded: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable invalid DNS MX or A/AAAA resource record. Please check the message recipient "email address at dsl.pipex.com" and try again".

Have checked my VPN and it's not that.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@Artistef wrote:

"An error occured while sending mail. The mail server responded: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable invalid DNS MX or A/AAAA resource record. Please check the message recipient "email address at dsl.pipex.com" and try again".

Have checked my VPN and it's not that.

That's now known to be true*. We await TalkTalk correcting their DNS data. But are not holding our breath....

*See: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/Incoming-email-being-rejected/m-p/2452060#M126074

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Service status says no reported issues, so no fault has been raised.