Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Incoming email being rejected...

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@Gondola wrote:

...why would you change a domain name to prevent any useful tests being done?

I wouldn't. But I would do it to stop a friend's valid email address being used for spam.

Happy to send the real message via an email to a bona fide support individual.

Highlighted
Community Star

@gmlack wrote:

@Gondola wrote:

...why would you change a domain name to prevent any useful tests being done?

I wouldn't. But I would do it to stop a friend's valid email address being used for spam.

Happy to send the real message via an email to a bona fide support individual.

Please send the unedited real unredacted message with full unedited headers to OCE_Ady by Community Personal Message. Quote this thread when so doing.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@Gondola wrote:

Please send the unedited real unredacted message with full unedited headers to OCE_Ady by Community Personal Message. Quote this thread when so doing.

Done...

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Thanks, that's just what I need. I've sent it on it's way.

Ady

Highlighted
Participant

Seems that ionos is not the only french ISP having their mail filtered by talktalk.

I have a relative trying to email me from wanadoo.fr - another French ISP. Since the new year, mail has been coming through unreliably.. and for the last week not at all.

This is not the first time it has happened - I recall this happening several years ago. Such ridiculous blocking of IP ranges in order to counteract spam is a frankly lazy and poor security practice.

...and no, I will not supply you with hours of my time for free, and copies of mail headers etc etc etc.

You have all the info you need right here in this thread. Fix it. This thread has been going for days and you are stopping families from communicating. UNACCEPTABLE.

Highlighted
Team Player
It's been another 3 working days.
What is the progress with this very frustrating error?
Highlighted

Hi teapot, there's still no update. I've sent another chaser to the team and again copied in the managers.

Ady

Highlighted
Team Player
Thank you for the update, appreciated.
Highlighted

I'm really sorry for the delay. You shouldn't have to wait this long for a fix.

Ady

Highlighted
Team Player
Morning Ady
An update from management would be useful now; detailing how the error wil be corrected; an update from the team also and why there has been such a delay applying a solution I feel is a must.
There are quite a few users with the same error attached to this thread, with a lot more knowledge than me, who are more than a little interested to see what caused the error and the solution.
Thank you
Teapot
Participant

@OCE_Ady

Thanks for raising a fault ticket for me.  I have just found out another person is getting bounces sending email to me, but only sometimes.  This could well be a different problem but the most recent bounce occurred on Friday, after the mail filter trial had apparently ended.

I tried to send this via private message but got an error saying I have sent too many private messages, despite the fact you are the only person I have sent any PMs to, hardly an excessive number.  Happy to provide the full details if there is a way.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

obscured for customer security

Reason: There was an error while attempting to deliver your message with [Subject: xxxx] to obscured for customer security MTA p3plwbeout21-03.prod.phx3.secureserver.net received this response from the destination host IP - 62.24.202.42 - 550 , 550 5.1.1 xfpCi1Zi4Uuxv Recipient Undeliverable (TT512)
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Delwyn

The email address has been obscured for your security in the hope that spammers and scammers don't use it. You may wish to be ultra cautious if unexpected / unsolicited email arrives in your dsl.pipex mailbox.

Ady will pick this thread up during the week.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted

Hi teapot, there's still no update from the email team. It seems there's a fault in the ticketing system. I'm waiting for more information. 

Ady

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Ady, what have management had to say or have they just passed it back to the email team? How has the fault occured after working for so long?

Teapot
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

This is now knowingly affecting me (not just my wife).

My bank has just written to me, as a notification they sent by email (my preferred method) was bounced and I also have an SMS message from a friend because email to me is bouncing.

I'm surprised it is taking so long for anything to be done about this. The reports are quite clear (the TalkTalk SMTP receivers are denying (occasional) existence of mailboxes and appear to be sending back "TT512", which would seem to be a TalkTalk specific error code.

Email delivery isn't that complicated. It's been going for nearly 50 years, so there's quite a lot of experience with it.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I too have been told by a contact in Austria using an email address domain "gmx.at" that I have previously received ok at my "dsl.pipex.com" domain many times, they now get a bounce message and annoyingly are trying to blame "brexit" I wish they knew that the real problem is TALKTALK !!!!

Come on Talktalk lets get your teams doing things with some forethought and testing please!

Highlighted

Hi teapot, the team responsible aren't on my level of contact for want of a better phrase. I'm still chasing to get your ticket worked though. 

Ady

Highlighted

Hi gmlack, please send an email to supersafeboost@talktalkplc.com and I'll raise a fault ticket for you. In your email I need the full bounce back message and it needs to include the timestamp, sender and recipient email address. If you can send a couple of test mails to yourself that's the quickest way to get the details.

Ady

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Ady wrote:

Hi gmlack, please send an email to supersafeboost@talktalkplc.com and I'll raise a fault ticket for you. In your email I need the full bounce back message and it needs to include the timestamp, sender and recipient email address.

Except by now they will have deleted it.

It's not a natural reaction, when mail has been bounced, to forward the entire bounce message to the same address as that which was bounced in the first place.

@OCE_Ady wrote:

If you can send a couple of test mails to yourself that's the quickest way to get the details.

If messages I sent to myself bounced you'd have had lots of examples already.

The problem seems to be in two kinds:

1. Intermittent bouncing. These include the ones I mentioned above from my bank and my friend (from whom later message arrived)
  2. Permanent bouncing. Which seems to include 1and1 addresses(?). These also produce bounces when I send to them - and you've already had an example of that with full headers.

Highlighted
Participant

How many more days does this situation have to persist before an account of what is wrong is posted here, along with an account of what is being done to rectify matters?

...And before any of the communisty minions jump in with a ready-made excuse or buck-pass - a real explanation would be nice.

Finally - tell me - what use is this support forum if your own internal comms result in you simply being ignored for an indefinite period with zero feedback/info/explanation?

Utterly useless.