would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Incoming email being rejected...

Highlighted
gmlack
Chat Champion

@delwynh wrote:

@gmlack  I don't think the problem you mention with the MX records for dsl.pipex.com resolving to CNAME instead of A records is anything to do with the problem this thread is about.  The misconfiguration will increase DNS traffic by forcing an extra lookup, but clearly the sending domains whose mails are being rejected are able to connect to the TalkTalk server or they wouldn't be receiving bounce messages back.

There are multiple errors. This refers to one problem.

The error message is "No valid MX record found".

Highlighted
delwynh
Participant

@gmlack wrote:

There are multiple errors. This refers to one problem.

The error message is "No valid MX record found".

It does indeed appear there are multiple problems affecting the pipex mail service, but this thread was originally about the 503 error messages being received by 1and1 senders, a problem both teapot and myself are experiencing.  Maybe best to start a new thread to discuss other issues, just to keep the confusion levels down?  I know I'm slightly guilty myself by throwing in a mention of the intermittent TT512 problem that is being discussed on other threads.

Highlighted
delwynh
Participant

@gmlack since I posted my reply to you I see about half a dozen messages from you which were in spam have appeared.  Looks like you have good evidence that your issue is caused by the MX record misconfiguration.

TalkTalk should definitely sort this out - it is an obvious problem with a trivial fix, and it would certainly be good to eliminate it as a factor in any other issues.

@OCE_Ady Has a ticket been raised for this particular issue?

Highlighted
teapot
Participant

Hello Ady, another Wednesday with no news. It would be very helpful if we could have an update indicating current progress, if any. Not knowing is really a problem. If "chasing this daily is still the reply", then there is something wrong with the reporting structure inside TalkTalk. My time in customer service was always to keep the customer informed, no matter how difficult that information is to relay.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Teapot, I know you don't want another apology from me about the delay in getting this sorted for you. I've sent a more urgent chaser for you as there's been no update on the ticket. This is way overdue and I'm unhappy at the lack of action taken when you and then I have chased this up so often. 

Ady

Highlighted
gmlack
Chat Champion

@delwynh wrote:

@gmlack since I posted my reply to you I see about half a dozen messages from you which were in spam have appeared.  Looks like you have good evidence that your issue is caused by the MX record misconfiguration.

TalkTalk should definitely sort this out - it is an obvious problem with a trivial fix, and it would certainly be good to eliminate it as a factor in any other issues.

@OCE_Ady Has a ticket been raised for this particular issue?

If TalkTalk is looking for errors in  their logging system(?) for this they won't find any, as the intended sender never contacts TalkTalk (there being no valid entry to reach them by).

It's been over 3 working days since the evidence and information was available here and, so far, "Nothing happens".

Fixing it should take seconds to apply then a few hours to spread around the Internet (internally the records are valid for 5mns, but externally they seem to be valid for up to 2 hours).

Highlighted
Community Team

Yes I've raised the ticket for the incoming mail issue for which you provided the details. If you've got another please let me know and if necessary I'll raise that too.

Ady

Highlighted
delwynh
Participant

@OCE_Ady wrote:

Yes I've raised the ticket for the incoming mail issue for which you provided the details. If you've got another please let me know and if necessary I'll raise that too.

@OCE_Ady I was referring to the issue @gmlack has raised in this thread concerning the incorrect MX server configuration for dsl.pipex.com.  Has a ticket been raised for that?

Is there any update at all on the tickets you've raised concerning the various pipex email delivery problems?  It is now well over a week since you told us the problems with the ticketing system had been sorted out, so presumably the email team are aware of the issues now?