cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Incoming emails blocked

Community Team

Hi miket, I'd just like to make a correction to Gondola's last post. I am happy to follow up on this for you and have no plans whatsoever to follow through. 🙂

Thanks for letting us know it's sorted. 

miket
Conversation Starter

Hello again

I am hoping there is no confusion here: what HAS been sorted is that I am now getting the email notifications of responses to this query, which I previously did not.  Sadly I am still NOT getting emails via cox.net - the main subject of this query - despite the measures we have taken.

My cox.net friend has just returned from holiday and tried unsuccessfully to email me on cox.

Community Team

My apologies. Before I can raise a ticket for this I'm told we now have to get you to remove all filters from your mail filters. No matter what they're to block or allow we have to ask you to go in and remove them all. 

miket
Conversation Starter

I am confused: as instructed by you I have already deleted the 'block' file (see chat above this). What more should I do? My understanding at the time was that that was all that was needed.

Community Team

Thanks, I've raised the fault ticket for you. Hopefully, it won't take too long to sort this for you.

miket
Conversation Starter

Many thanks. Could you also pass on that I have now received a message from Hargreaves Lansdown that they also cannot get through to me on email. Their emails come from email@h-l.co.uk.       Sorry to complicate the issue.  No problem with emails from many others.

Community Team

I've added that to the ticket for you. 

uptown
First Timer

Hi 

Has this issue been resolved?  I have exactly the same problem (not from cox.net!). 

I first became aware of it 3 or 4 months ago and have raised it with TalkTalk but they just keep ringing up every few days to ask if it is still happening without actually doing anything.

Community Team

Hi uptown,

Welcome to the Community. If you need assistance can you please start your own thread and we'll be happy to help

Chris

miket
Conversation Starter

Who is Uptown? I am miket. Are you sure this message is for me? I do have an ongoing query under this heading, for which you have raised a ticket but to which I have yet to receive an answer.

Community Team

Hi miket,

uptown is the member who posted directly before my reply (posted at 23-05-2019 02:29 PM), I was just asking him to start his own thread

Chris

uptown
First Timer

Sorry, I thought the point of this community forum was to try to help users resolve issues by pooling ideas.  Since I have EXACTLY the same problem, it seems daft to start another thread.

miket
Conversation Starter

Hello Uptown

Sorry I missed your earlier post. However, it appears that you don't have EXACTLY the same problem. Mine specifically concerns emails from cox.net. Other sources are OK

uptown
First Timer

OK, you're right, not from cox.net specifically but, like you, from one domain only.  All other emails are getting through...that I'm aware of!

Community Team

HI miket 

Has our network team tried to contact you regarding the problem with cox.net? 

miket
Conversation Starter

Yes. I received a call from 'Lewis', but since I receive bogus calls every day from people claiming to be from talktalk I said I would call him back, which I did. I left a message since he was not at his desk.

Community Team

Hi miket, I've raised the ticket back to the team and they should call you again in the next few days.

miket
Conversation Starter

Thanks. Yes, they did, and asked me to arrange a test email from my cox.net friend, which I did. As usual it did not come through (my friend let me know by other means that he had sent it) It was sent June 7th, 7.56.07 AM PDT. The talktalk man (Ramanhdeer?) said he would call back for this info but we have no record that he did, so would you pass it on?

Community Team

Thanks for letting me know. I've passed on the information for you. Hopefully, you'll hear back soon.

miket
Conversation Starter

Could you help me move this on? After your last message above I did get a call from talktalk technical services (Brendon), on 11th June, and I gave them the info about recent messages from my cox.net correspondent which did not get through to me. They said they would look into it and call me back within a day or two. We have no record of any call so far.