cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Incoming emails blocked

Community Team

I've sent a chaser for you. I've got to nip out for some medical treatment shortly, but I'll chase it again once I'm back in just after lunch. 

miket
Conversation Starter

Thank you for your help. I nevertheless have to say that I have pretty much given up on this long attempt to find out why cox.net emails from a specific correspondent in the USA do not get through to me. You have several times nudged talktalk technical services to contact me by phone, which they do. When they do they always say they are still looking into it, and we agree a time slot and date for when they will call back to report progress. This they almost never do. Can we try one more time?

Community Team

I'm so sorry we've not got this sorted for you. I've sent this over again. I don't want them to call you, I just want it fixed for you. I'm not going to ask them to call you, just to escalate it and take it seriously. 

miket
Conversation Starter

For the benefit of those few who have been following this attempt to discover why emails from a correspondent on cox.net have not been reaching me, I have to say that I have just about given up. That is not to blame the experts on this forum, who have been diligent in raising tickets with Talktalk Technical services for me. However Technical services always say they are looking into it, but nothing transpires. The only thing that HAS happened is that we now get deluged with phony calls from people with foreign accents pretending to be from Talktalk technical services. We block each number as it occurs but the calls keep on coming. Presumably these people are reading correspondence on the Forum.

Gondola
Community Star

...The few are following and 'phew' what a fight to get to the root cause of this conflict.

@miket wrote:...The only thing that HAS happened is that we now get deluged with phony calls from people with foreign accents pretending to be from Talktalk technical services. We block each number as it occurs but the calls keep on coming. Presumably these people are reading correspondence on the Forum.

You'd be well advised to find out About CallSafe and how it can screen the scammers. Genuine TalkTalk calls from Customer Services will get through but the fakers will give up rather than record their voices.

Have you published your 'phone number elsewhere on Community? I don't see it in this thread.

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

miket
Conversation Starter

Thanks for your comment. I have not knowingly published my phone number but there are of course many ways it could have been obtained, including through the earlier hacking of talktalk.

I use a BT call blocker phone. I may have to set it up to filter all calls instead of just blocking those I don't want after the event. Perhaps I should also try Call Safe.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @miket 

If your 'phone number was revealed in 2015 and you've had 4 years of scam calls then definitely time to use CallSafe.

But if you already have a BT Call Blocker 'phone with BT Call Guardian built in then that has call screening facilities just the same as TalkTalk CallSafe. You'll not need both BT Call Guardian active and CallSafe so the advice is to deactivate the BT Call Guardian feature before enabling CallSafe.

The key point to note is that TalkTalk CallSafe automatically allows pre-approved numbers including the main TalkTalk Customer Service and contact numbers through although individual TalkTalk Case Manager outbound calls will still need authorising. BT Call Guardian will need you to approve all numbers individually. 

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer