would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Intermittent receipt of emails through Outlook

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
thecad
Conversation Starter

Hi, I wondered if anyone else is experiencing problems with receipt of Tiscali / TalkTalk emails via Outlook?  Since Sunday, we've gone for hours at a time without any emails coming in, though they appear on our Samsung pads and phones and are there in webmail. All of a sudden some arrive much delayed, but then it is perhaps half a day before any more materialise.  No error message ever appears, not even the popup requesting our password (which plagued us a couple of months ago) but the send/receive box at the bottom stays at half-filled.  No synchronising box appears, either.  Yet we can send emails without any bother and the synchronising box appears and fills. At present the last messages received via Outlook came in at just after 2 p.m yesterday, though several have arrived on our other devices in the meantime. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi thecad,

If you manually press the send/receive button do the delayed emails come in?

Chris

Highlighted
thecad
Conversation Starter

Hi Chris

No, clicking on send / receive doesn't work.  I have just discovered, though, that if I look at an email in another folder and then go back to the Inbox, the Inbox then syncs and if there are any new emails they come in.  That is what has just happened with your email: I'd been checking on something in another folder and when I clicked on Inbox, the syncing box appeared and your message arrived.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi thecad,

It sounds like Outlook isn't functioning correctly, you could try removing and re-adding the email account in Outlook but I'd back up any important emails first

Chris

Highlighted
thecad
Conversation Starter

Thanks Chris

Emails are now coming in by themselves at times, but on other occasions we have to give them a nudge by switching from Inbox to another folder and back.  If it gets worse again we will do as you suggest, but we've found in the past that things right themselves eventually whereas if we try to do something to sort things out that sometimes makes things worse.

Highlighted
Community Team

OK, thanks for the update  🙂

Chris