Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Is the onetel.com email service down?

29 REPLIES 29
wlondon10
Wizz Kid

I haven't been able to access my onetel.com emails today. Is there a known issue?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @wlondon10 

There is a reported unexpected outage of OneTel mailzone webmail. I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and Save changes.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

wlondon10
Wizz Kid

Thanks. I checked the email status page and it didn't mention any issues.

Community Team

Hi wlondon10, we're raising this as an incident. There should be an update on the service status page soon. 

simonc8
Team Player
That seems to have taken a long time! People have been raising this current service issue since yesterday afternoon.

It doesn't reflect well on the company when you know there's a problem but the Servce Status page keeps on insisting that everything is fine.
Community Team

Hi simonc8, the update is showing on the dashboard now. 

Sonia11
First Timer

I haven't received any emails since yesterday, they stopped coming in at 15:38.

I can send email so I know its not my outgoing server and there is an issue with the incoming servers.  Can someone please advise how to check the service status page?

Community Team

Hi Sonia11, just click on the service status dashboard in community headings.

Sonia11
First Timer

Thanks @OCE_Ady , do you know what the issue is?  

wlondon10
Wizz Kid

Any idea when the service will be restored? It's been more than a day already.

Community Team

We've been chasing for updates but there's no news yet I'm afraid. As soon as we know we'll update service status. 

Daltonian
Chatterbox

I called TalkTalk and got the tel. no. of Onetel Support -  it's 0345 1720048. I called yesterday at 5pm and they said it would be back up in 24 hours. This morning when I logged on all my emails came through !! They fixed it overnight and the lady who did give me the no. said the Onetel Mailzone is old technology so I think they don't give it the priority that talktalk email accounts get.

Anyway very pleased all fixed.

Regards, Ian D
Community Team

Hi Daltonian, thanks for posting to let us know it's sorted. The servers were rebooted at half ten this morning.

wlondon10
Wizz Kid

Good to know the server is finally running. Why does it need to take two days to reboot a failed server? Why isn't it monitored? Finally, how do I now get gmail to start downloading emails? It seems to have given up as the server has been down so long.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi wlondon10 

Here's some advice from Google on fixing issues to do with the collection of messages in the Gmail account.

Gmail may not collect messages that have been marked as read so first try marking messages as unread then going to the Gmail account and requesting the collection of messages from OneTel. You may need to remove the OneTel account from Gmail and set it up afresh.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

wlondon10
Wizz Kid

Thanks. Eventually, my emails started being downloaded without having to make any changes. I know gmail polls onetel for emails and the frequency depends on the frequency emails appear in onetel, so I just needed to be really patient as the outage was so long. In the past there was a check now option to force download, but that option no longer exists.

Daltonian
Chatterbox

As far as I can see the service is all ok now and has been since yesterday morning.

Regards, Ian D
Community Team

Hi all, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

wlondon10
Wizz Kid

Onetel email has been down for two days. Why has it been so unstable recently and why does it take so long to get fixed?

Daltonian
Chatterbox

Yes it's been very flakey lately and I have been getting emails albeit spasmodically.

Regards, Ian D