cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Is the onetel.com email service down?

Daltonian
Chatterbox

Just called TalkTalk/Onetel and they said it's a known issue and should be back to cormal in 24/48 hours. Funnily enough whilst talking to them my emails came through so it seems to be working but as I said earlier rather spasmodically.

Regards, Ian D
Community Team

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've asked for an update on this now from our Network Team and as soon as we receive a response back we'll update our Service Status Page to advise.

Thanks

Community Team

Hello,

Could I just confirm, are you still experiencing the same issue when trying to use Onetel email?

Our engineers have tested this and have been unable to replicate this fault.

If you're still experiencing the same issue then please can you update your Community Profile with the email address affected (please do not post any personal information on the Community) and also a brief description of the issue that you're experiencing and we'll pass these examples over for our Network engineers to take a further look.

Thanks

wlondon10
Wizz Kid

I can at least login to mainland this morning, but it's incredibly slow. Hopefully POP will now work. Why is the service so bad and what is being done to improve the service?

Community Team

Hi,

Thanks for retesting and I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't been fully resolved. I've made our engineers aware and will let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Community Team

Hello,

I've received an update that further work has been completed to restore service. They have also advised that they will be continuing investigations tomorrow morning to establish why the service has been intermittent and slow.

Thanks

wlondon10
Wizz Kid

Thanks Michelle. POP is working for me now too. Hopefully, changes will be made to ensure a stable service in the future.

Community Team

Hello,

Thanks for the update. We are still looking into this today to see why this is unstable and I'll let you know as soon as I know more. Hopefully this has remained stable since your last post.

Thanks

Daltonian
Chatterbox

Seems back to normal now but be good to know why we had the issue in the first place.

Regards, Ian D
Community Team

Hi Daltonian, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. We've not had a root cause confirmation through yet, I wouldn't like to guess.

Ady