Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

It's now 1st October, 2019 and problem with Onetel emails has not been sorted

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

Despite daily phone calls to TalkTalk regarding non receipt of Onetel emails to my email address, the problem has not yet been fixed.  However, my husband is receiving his emails, and yet we are on the same line.  How long does it take to fix a problem, and has anyone else had the same trouble?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Em Bee 

Are you picking up your OneTel email messages by signing in to the OneTel Mailzone or by using an email client or email app software?  Can you check the password is ok by signing in to the OneTel Mailzone. Any error message there?

Is the mailbox just not receiving new messages? i.e. you can send messages ok?  Or does the send not work either?  You can try signing in to OneTel Mailzone and sending the same email address a message to make sure the mailbox is working. Maybe the mailbox is full and not able to take more messages? 

If your husband sends you an email message does he get any bounceback error message?

If using an email client just check that it's set up as per the settings article Email settings - IMAP & POP3 scroll down and expand the OneTel section. If you need help just let me know what email client or app you're using.  I may ask you to provide screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings.

Just in case it gets to Monday without a fix and you need help from the TalkTalk team would you please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the OneTel email address to Private notes and Save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

On the 2nd October, 2019, I communicated with Silondiweluyanda from the Live Chat Team and after explaining to him that even though I could send Onetel emails, I was unable to receive any but my husband's emails had started working again on the 27th September, 2019 and we are both on the same line.  Silondiweluyanda sent me a message saying "They are still getting this fixed  As a result you will be contacted tomorrow between 16h00-18h00 so they can come back with a resolution."

We did indeed receive a phone call just after 16h00 and they had solved the problem and I received my emails - all 137 of them, and I have had no trouble since.

Happy ending, and thanks to TalkTalk.

Highlighted
Community Star

Brilliant. Thanks for taking time out of your weekend and confirming the problem is resolved.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

That's great Em Bee, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.