cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Large file has blocked my incoming emails.

3 REPLIES 3
Kassie47
First Timer

I took a short video on my ipad and sent it to my main computer through my talktalk email address, it never came through and since then appears to have blocked all other incoming emails to the same address, I have tried another two emails addresses to sent to the talktalk one and it still appears clogged or blocked, can anyone suggest a solution please. Regards Kassie.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Kassie47 

If your email sent successfully it's probably not the reason for no incoming email.

There is a current problem with some incoming off-platform mail not being received or received delayed into talktalk.net mailboxes.

But using TalkTalk Mail webmail you should be good to send out mail messages. Please check your sign in to TalkTalk Mail here. Tell us if you cannot sign in ok.

Let us know how you get on with sending.  When the MX servers (they're the ones receiving and forwarding mail to the TalkTalk Mail platform) are working normally then full service will resume.

The senders of mail should be getting bounceback error messages.  What normally happens, when the sender cannot get a response from the MX server that takes receipt of a mail message for forwarding on to TalkTalk, is that the sending message is queued for a retry over the next 24 hours.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Kassie47
First Timer

Thanks Gondola, yes I can sign in OK, getting the odd message coming in but not all, regards Kassie.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Kassie47 

The mail servers receiving mail for delivery to talktalk aren't working as best as they could. And still catching up on mail accepted for delivery from yesterday.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer