cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Legacy Email Password Issue

2 REPLIES 2
First Timer

My old legacy talktalk.net email account has recently been blocked due to suspicious activity. I can request a password reset which sends a reset email to the email account but I cannot access it as the account is blocked.
I have also forgotten my account password and I have not set up password recovery details for my mobile phone where a text message could be sent.

Whilst I used the email account all the time I am not a talktalk customer any more as I have changed my phone/broadband provider. What would be the best way to reset my email account so that I can continue using it?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi MollieG 

If the email system has detected a weak password or a compromised email account, and changed the password or blocked the mailbox to help secure customer data, you may need help to recover access.

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive the reset. As that self-help password change / recovery option isn't set up I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you and they'll put Reset details in place for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and Save changes.

A TalkTalk OCE will send you a Private Message from Monday onwards requesting personal data to verify you as the registered user (your email registration details)

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When your personal data has been verified, Reset details will be set up and one of the TalkTalk team will call on your mobile to check security with you, let you know you can then set your own password (preferably using the alternate email address to receive a reset link) and check it works. 

Advice on passwords from GetSafeOnline.  Top tip: Don't use any passwords previously used.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi MollieG, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the information I need to get your password recovery setup for you.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.