cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Legacy Tiscali email address (free dial up) and TalkTalk Mail Plus

7 REPLIES 7
Conversation Starter

Hi there, I wonder if someone could answer a query I have regarding my legacy Tiscali dial up (free) email account with regards to the new Mail Plus ?

I'm no longer with TalkTalk although I continue to use the original Tiscali email address associated with my near 20 year old free dial up account. The message I recieved about the plans to delete old and unused addresses was sent to the address I created when I upgraded to broadband with TalkTalk. This one I don't use and will be happy to delete.

I wish to keep the Tiscali dial up one though and would like to know if it will be shut down if I don't pay for Mail Plus ? The dial up account was a free product. Is it possible that the reason I haven't been messaged on the older dial up Tiscali address regarding the changes is because it was a free product and might be exempt from the charges ?

Either way I want to keep the older address and will be happy to pay if I have to. Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers.

"We don't do walking away"
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi trueblue77, the information in the email you've received will apply to any and all TalkTalk owned email addresses you use. You can register now with the email you've received and then add the other email to avoid waiting for the mail or you can just wait for the mail relating to the other address to arrive. Either way you'll keep the address you want to keep.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Conversation Starter
Thanks Ady, I’ll give that a go today.

Let me know how you get on. I'm here to help if you need it. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Conversation Starter

Ady, I've signed up for TalkTalk Mail Plus using my oldest tiscali email account and it seems to have gone through ok. I used 'My Account' to add the other two newer ones from my TalkTalk broadband days to the list.

Do you think they'll now be covered by TalTalk Mail Plus also ? Cheers.

Glad to hear it's sorted and they most certainly will. 

Conversation Starter
Perfect. Got a ‘welcome to TalkTalk Plus’ email To each of my three addresses now. Thanks again.

That's great, thanks for posting back to let us know.