Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Legacy email problems

10 REPLIES 10
Odd_17
Team Player

Hi - I have a Homechoice.co.uk email address & have not received mail since yesterday, despite knowing things have been sent. I have tried logging in via webmail & get an error page. Is there a known issue? 

142D7F36-FE5B-4559-B1E6-E45BC85A099A.jpeg

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Odd_17 

Are you signing in to your homechoice mailbox using the TalkTalk Mail sign in (Click here)? I'm assuming that the homechoice mailbox has been upgraded to TalkTalk Mail just as the main tiscali mailboxes have.

If the email system has detected a weak password or a compromised email account, and changed the password or locked the account to help secure customer data, you may need help to recover access and I'll ask for that help for you.

If your normal sign in still gets redirected and you've not had an email from TalkTalk about being upgraded to the new Mail platform then try a sign in to your mailbox via the TTB webmail sign-in.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current address and contact 'phone numbers and then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and then Save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Odd_17
Team Player

Hi - I get the DNS error when I try log on the usual way through the talk talk sign in page & if I use the TTB/Pipex link I get an incorrect password message (despite it being the password I always use & used yesterday morning). Interestingly on my laptop I cannot delete email messages as I get an error message telling me my inbox is full on the server.

Can you assist in getting my password changed & access restored?

Odd_17
Team Player

Actually - ignore me, third time lucky I have managed to get access vis the pipes site, so will try clearing my inbox a bit & see if that sorts it out. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Odd_17 

Good to see that the TTB Webmail sign in has worked. If you're getting a mailbox quota exceeded message then deleting unwanted messages from the Inbox is exactly what you need to do to release space for new messages.

If you use an email client to connect to the mailbox then setting that up as a POP3 client to download messages and save wanted messages locally on a device folder or hard drive would overcome the rather small mailbox size of 100MB.

When the mailbox does get upgraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform then the upgrade comes with a 10GB mailbox quota. 

Odd_17
Team Player

Thanks - do you have any idea when the upgrade is due to take place? This is my primary email account & it has been drastically reduced over the years - now I can't have more than 200ish emails in my inbox without having to delete things. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi

There's no published date for the upgrade of a particular mailbox but the project team are working on the final blocks of legacy mail accounts.  When it's the turn of your mailbox then TalkTalk will send out a couple of emails to the mailbox to prepare you.

Have a look at the TalkTalk Mail Support Hub and the section "Not Migrated yet?

Holding capacity for only 200 messages might indicate there are a lot of messages exceeding half megabyte attachments or embedded content. Attachments and embedded content can eat up the mailbox capacity. Or maybe there are additional folders in the mailbox containing saved messages? 

Community Team

Hi Odd_17,

Glad to hear the issue is now resolved. Just let us know if you experience any further problems 

Chris

Odd_17
Team Player

Hi - I am still having issues with my homechoice email. Cleared it down to virtually nothing & it was still rejecting emails as inbox full. Have now completely emptied it & it is still showing I only have 33% capacity:

clipboard_image_0.png

Is this something you can help with?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Odd_17 

Select Folders (top left) and see if there are any other folders in the mailbox that are storing messages taking up the 77% of mailbox quota. Deleted messages also count towards the quota so select Purge deleted to see if that diminishes the quota.

If there are definitely no 'hidden' messages to account for the mailbox being 77% full then a repair job run by the email admins should be the effective way to fix any corruption of the mailbox and restore it to normal working.

Let us know what you find either in the folders or with the Purge option.

Odd_17
Team Player

Purging the delet4ed items has got it down a bit more, thanks