Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Line one email problems.

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Team Player

Like many other people I've haven't received any emails to my lineone.net address for 2 days now and as this is an email address I use for my business and have done for some years this is a problem.

This same problem happened 2 years ago and caused me a lot of grief and some lost business.

Any way this can be resolved please, again!

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @mikes3 

Are you able to sign in to your lineone mailbox using TalkTalk Webmail? Can you send emails ok? Are you able to look at the Inbox to see if that's full?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Team Player
Thanks for the quick reply. No I can't sign in the TalkTalk webmail as it keeps saying my password is incorrect.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi mikes3 

I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team that you need a new password. I'm assuming that Password recovery has not yet been set up for the email address with an alternate email and or mobile number.

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the lineone email address to Private notes and save changes. Also add a note with the Reset details - an alternate active email address and or mobile number (preferably both). 

The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will be able to link you to your TalkTalk lineone email account and raise a fault ticket.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Gondola
I do remember doing all the things you suggest 2 yeards ago. Hopefully someone will contact me and it can be sorted.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi mikes3,

I've raised this for a password reset, once this is done our network team will contact you with the new password 

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Thanks Chris.
Highlighted
Team Player

Any update on when I will be sent a password reset please as this is having an impact on my business.

Highlighted

Hi mikes3, I've put a chase on this for you. Hopefully, we'll hear back shortly. I'll post back as soon as I hear anything. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player
Thanks Ady.
Highlighted
First Timer

I hope you can help me.  I have a legacy Lineone address which I have been using for about 15 years. Until last week I accessed this every day but am now told that my password is incorrect. I have spoken with TalkTalk and was promised someone would get back to me within 24 hours - that was several days ago.  I used to be a Talk Talk customer but no longer as the service was so poor which means I no longer have an account. Presumably this means that they have no interest in my problem? 

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Geerdee1
I'm sure that someone will be able to help you but it might be better if you haven't already to start your own topic so someone from admin will see it and then they can raise it for a pasword reset. Hope this helps. Mike

Highlighted

Hi all, I'm now being told that we cannot reset the password for you until the incident relating to this issue is resolved. I had been told there was a workaround it appears to be have been a mistake. I'm told the engineers are working hard to clear this, and that in the interim if you know it you can use your old email address to gain access to your emails. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Team Player
Thanks for the update Ady. What do you mean by 'old email address'?
Highlighted
Team Player
10 days now and still this hasn't been resolved. Anybody know whats going on as this is having an effect on my business as clients are now having to text me to say they have had no reply to emails. Anybody?
Highlighted
First Timer

I have been without my lineone address since the 22nd March when the new software platform prevented me logging in.  Following many phone calls and receiving an online password reset, that did not work, the problem was eventually escalated to Manchester's back room team.  I was told it was because my lineone address had no backup email or phone details on record (apparently not a requisite in the early days).  My backup details were put on the system after 3 days! and I was taken through the log in process again.  This was also unsuccessful and I was told last Friday the back room team that operate behind the back room team! needed to give me a temporary password that could take 72 hours (but they are busy) and by the way they do not work at the week end.  I wait impatiently...is it just me or are there other loyal lineone customers in the same cyber pain?    

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Talisman
Sadly you are not alone! As I have said this happened to me exactly 2 years ago and then it took over 3 weeks to resolve. Lets hope they are close to putting this right ASAP.
Highlighted
First Timer

Problem since Friday- 2 live chats on Friday-one said lineone problem was a known issue. 2 hours later, next one said there was no known issue but would be fixed today and I would get a call this morning.

Chat this morning(Monday) is no-one able to call, there is a known issue and planning a new configuration. Confirmed TalkTalk have no time confirmed when they will do this but update within 72 hours hope to know. Surely if it a a configuration needing done then TalkTalk must have a planned time to do it or is this more nonsense.

Very unprofessional for my business.

Hopeless that Lineone is not working but worse and adds to frustration that live chat operators have no idea.

Highlighted

Hi Talisman, although you needed to give us those details to enable you to reset the password yourself in future, it's not the reason you can't login. You can't login because of an issue on our side with software created to help you migrate. 

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Ady

I see you have responded to Talisman. Any chance of an update to my questions please?

Mike