would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lineone email problems and planned call back to me didn't happen

13 REPLIES 13
GailR
Popular Poster

Urgent help required.

I am having problems with my email account as of 5th April 2018 - it is a lineone.net email that I have had for years and years and rely on heavily).
All relevant details are in the personal information part of my community account profile, updated again today.

I spoke to someone at Talk Talk via the live chat help last Monday and they confirmed all my previous account details etc, and that I had the settings on my Mac (which uses high Sierra and apple mail), iPads and phone (android), but we still had no success in getting the email to work again (on my machines or via webmail), so they raised the level of the query and said they had booked in a call with a Talk Talk technician for 12-2pm on the Friday (13th April) or if solved before then they would text me to say the problem was resolved and what to do. I waited but no call came through at all. Now getting urgent as I am self-employed and I use my lineone.net email for work.

I am hoping that as this seems to have been a previous problem for others (as seen on the community forum) that you will be able to simply set a new password or something and text it, which seems to have solved problem for others.

Please help... I really cannot afford for this not to be solved.

Many thanks,

Gail

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @GailR

We can fix the lineone email issue but first you'll need to verify your Community membership. Here's a note:

Moderator Note: GailR - To see your posts, please verify your Community Membership by clicking on the verification link in the community-notification email. If you've registered with an email address you cannot access then change the Community profile settings email to an alternate and please verify that.

Are you getting an error message that the email account or password isn't recognised? The email system may detect a weak password* or compromised email account and change the password or lock the account for the security of customers.

Have you previously set up Password Recovery for the Lineone email address? You could use the Reset your Password option. Or if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail if the email is listed as one of the 5 email addresses. If there's an empty space in the list, you may be able to add the email address with the Manage Existing Emails option.

If not, you'll need to prove you're the legal owner of the Lineone email. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Your Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the Lineone email address when first registered.

Full postal address linked to the Lineone email address when first registered.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is used to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team and the email expert will respond to you, from Monday onwards, right here to help you with account or password recovery.

* The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) comes into force on 25 May 2018. The GDPR is a regulation intended to strengthen data protection for all individuals within the European Union (EU). Password strength is crucially important in order to help secure and protect personal data.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

GailR
Popular Poster

All done - thanks. Awaiting further help now.

GailR
Popular Poster

By All done, I mean have changed the email so all verified now and looking forward to you solving the problems so I can get my email back up and running.

Community Team

Hi GailR, the ticket is ready to go it's just missing your DOB if you could add that to private notes I'll get it sent and you'll have your password reset this morning. 

GailR
Popular Poster

Will do thanks

GailR
Popular Poster
Community Team

Thanks. I've raised the fault ticket for you. You'll get a call later today with your new password. Please let us know how you get on. 

GailR
Popular Poster
Community Team

You're very welcome. 

GailR
Popular Poster

Hi Andy,

Just a quick update. I got 2 texts from Talk talk yesterday. The first was from obscured for security, which gave me a refer number at 11:31 am. Then at 11:36am I got another one from Talk Talk to say they are working to resolve the issues and update as soon as they can.

I have not heard anything since. Any possible idea when there may be further progress and my email back up and running?

Cheers.

Community Team

I've asked my colleague Mona to give you a call with the new password this afternoon. All being well you should get a call shortly. 

GailR
Popular Poster

Hi Andy,

Mona just called and phew, all good to go now on all systems.

Thank you and Mona for your help in resolving this problem.

Kind regards,

Gail

Community Team

You're very welcome. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.