Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lineone email

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi OCE_Ady after 2 days my partner can still not log into her emails on the lineone server  I believe you can sent a tedt mail though. I am also on the same lineone server but do not have a problem. We through it might be down to her passwork but will not let us change via txt as she has no email and I just don't know what else I can tell her. can you help?

Mike Darbyshire
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Mike

When your partner signs in at TalkTalk Mail (click here) does that give an error message within the sign in panel?

In relation to not being able to change or reset the password, keep an eye on Service Status (Email) and the message there will give updates or clear when sending an SMS text message for the lineone email password reset is restored.

As the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective for you I'll alert OCE_Ady and the TalkTalk Community team and request they set up Reset details with an alternate email address. It's possible that OCE_Ady will request she register separately on Community.  Was the email address registered in her name?

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add your partner's lineone email address to Private notes and Save changes.

A TalkTalk OCE will send a Private Message requesting personal data to verify you / your partner as the registered user (email registration details)

• Email address affected
  • Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) a mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details to allow options for a password reset and choosing of a new password.

When the personal data has been verified, Reset details will be set up and one of the TalkTalk team will call on the mobile to check security and to advise a new password can be set up and to check it works.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi OCE_Ady

Thank you for your response.

The emails worked fine up until Thursday morning and we now receive a message to state that the user details are not correct.  However, we have not changed the password.  We tried to reset the passord via text message as we have no email access but receive a message to state that this option is nott available due to technical issues.  We have been monitoring this since last Thursday with no change identified on this service.  The error message on her phone states that the server is not responding - please check your login details.  We have tried to reset the password but as stated this appears to be unavailable at present.  She did a test email to her work and is able to send emails but not able to receive them.

I have tried changing the settings to those advised on the talk talk website.  It does not accept tiscali on the incoming pop server.  This has been set to lineone previously.

I have updated my community profile as requested with the exception of the talk talk phone number as I do not have a talk talk account.

Thank you once again for your help with this.  It is much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Mike

The email address is registered in her name.

Mike Darbyshire