Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lineone emails stopped working & Password coming up as Invalid

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Chatterbox

My emails have stopped coming through, and when I have tried webmail, it states password is invalid

John Kirby
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi John

It's possible that the server is being slow to respond. There is a current investigation.

Can you send emails ok from an email client?  Any error messages?

Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) the email address in the Private notes box at the bottom of the page and save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Chatterbox
Yes, I have added those details, I think it is more than a server issue, it is not allowing my password from email client to send or receive
John Kirby
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi John

It could be a password issue and if the system has changed the password for security reasons then a password reset will be needed. But it could still be the mail server running slow and timing out the password authentication request. 

I'm going to suggest holding on until the current investigation has identified and fixed the mail server issue. Just so if it is a simple password issue the mail server issue doesn't add confusion.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox
OK, I will take your advice and wait 24-48hrs
John Kirby
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Our teams have identified an issue and are currently investigating.

Updates can be viewed via our Service Status Page.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted

Hi

Our engineers have confirmed resolution of this incident and are now monitoring.

Can you please retest and see if your email works now.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted

Hi JWK66, is your email working properly again now? If not please add a mobile to your profile and I'll get your password reset.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Sorry to say, No, they are not working. I have added my mobile to my profile, so hopefully, I will receive a link to reset my password. Thank you.

John Kirby
Highlighted

Thanks, I've raised the fault ticket for you. You'll get a call with the new password later today. Please let us know how you get on. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello,

I am sorry to say, I have not received a password update as of yet, and have waited 24 hours. Thank you.

John Kirby
Highlighted
Chatterbox

OK, it is sorted now. Thank you so much

John Kirby
Highlighted

You're very welcome.