Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lineone.net email won't accept password

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Andy,

I'm facing the same problem, password seems to have been reset for my lineone.net account without apparent reason (at least signin doesn't accept the password I have used thus far).

My profile contains the required information in the personal section to have the password reset. Would appreciate a speedy action as I really need access to my email account.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @JVC123 

When your lineone email was upgraded to the new TalkTalk Mail platform you'd have received emails urging the setting up of Reset details - an alternative email address and mobile number in order to have ways of getting a password reset.  Did you set up Reset details for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive the reset?

Please do try the Reset your Password option. If there's any alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password.

If the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective then I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.  The account may have been locked for security if any suspicious activity was detected.

In the meantime, please double check and if needed update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current address (location) and contact 'phone numbers and then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and Save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi

Didn't realise this could be set up as I am not a Talktalk customer, apart from them 'nursing'  the email addresses they inherited from lineone/tiscali.

I checked the password reset option, only to find out the email was blocked.

So if this can be unlocked without password change that would be preferred. 

Also would be great if you can point me to the area where I  can set this up as I  have more lineone accounts.

Cheers 

Jo

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi JVC123 

If you can access existing lineone email accounts i.e. you have a working password for each account then sign in here to TalkTalk Mail.

When users sign in to the TalkTalk Mail platform for the first time they're invited to set up or amend Reset details and change the password to a new one of their choice. Do please set up those Reset details if you've not already done so i.e. give an alternative active email address and mobile 'phone number that will be needed to recover access to the email account should you forget the password.

Update your reset details is an option on the main menu.

Menu options - Update your reset details

The forgotten your password? link is on the sign in panel for TalkTalk Webmail.

New TalkTalk Apps Sign in.png

If you know the email password and just wish to change it on a regular basis then you can select the Forgotten your password? link and have the reset sent to the email account. But if you cannot access the email account then having the reset sent to the alternative email address or mobile 'phone number will be the only way to Reset the account access password. 

If you still have lineone email addresses that you're locked out of then please put those email addresses in Private notes in your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) - check to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the email address(es) to Private notes and Save changes.

The TalkTalk team will Community Private Message you to obtain relevant user verification and will then set up the Reset details.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Gondola,

Many thanks for the detailed information.   I will follow up on this for the accounts I know the passwords for.

My profile has got the details of the  account that needs unlocking/reset, including all my contact details. 

Looking forward to receiving a call confirming the above.

Many thanks for the prompt response 

Jo

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi JVC123, your account has been blocked because it's compromised. I've raised the fault ticket for you. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Ady, many thanks for this.

Awaiting for a call back from your team, hopefully won't take too long as we do need access to our email account.

CHeers,

Jo

Highlighted

Hi Jo, it can be a bit hit and miss. I'll keep my fingers crossed for as quick a fix as possible.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Ady, is there a ticket reference at all.  You can text it to the number in my profile personal section if you don't want to post it here.

Highlighted

There sure is it's 10988879 that's the FMS id. However, I'm told your fault is part of an incident and is being worked as part of that.