Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Locked out of e-mail address

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

Hello,

My talktalk email has been hacked, when I try to recover the password the recovery e-mail is the talktalk email and the phone number has seemed to change as well.

I tried to register for My Account but when i put in my account number and landline number it says insufficient informaiton

please can someone help.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @danwng 

What makes you think the talktalk mailbox has been hacked?

Please check the sign in to TalkTalk Mail. Use the current password. Tell us if there's an error message or if you can sign in ok.

I gather you're a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer? Is that right?  But you're not currently registered for a MyAccount? Is that also right? i.e. you receive paper bills.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Hello,

Well I had access to it last week and now when i try to log back in it says incorrect password.

When i try to reset my password it does not give my mobile number i usually use to reset my password.

Yes we do recieve paper bills

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi danwng 

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password reset option has been changed. A TT Staff member will verify you as the registered email user and set up your new Reset details so you can get the email password changed.

To proceed, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

In due course a TalkTalk Community Team member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to verify you as the mail user; so be prepared to provide on request to TT Staff only:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered OR TalkTalk account security answers
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) a mobile number to receive a password reset link or code.

When you're verified the Reset details will be set up within 48 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

If you don't know how the password came to be discovered I'd suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

When you do get access via the TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser? use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail in the side panel > select Auto forward - Disable > go back to the side panel and select Filter rules - Disable.

Advice on using TalkTalk Mail

When you've got access to the mailbox you'll then be able to add it to a new MyAccount which will be the next thing to sort out.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it. I look forward to their reply.

Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey,

We can help getting you access to the mailbox, I've sent you a private message, if you could you read and reply to that we'll get that sorted for you. 

thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.