Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Loss of Email

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello. Suddenly, after many years of use, I get a notice saying my password is wrong. I go to the mail page, go through the 'change password' rigmarole - nothing. I get no mail, no notification, nothing. I go to the change password bit again, still nothing. I now cannot receive/send emails, I now cannot log into anything. My TT account will not recognise my password, I've had to rejoin this community to be able to post because my community account p/w is also no longer recognised. All these p/ws are different and have been typed in by me. What the hell's going on? 

Regards

LB

Community Manager
Hey,

Sorry to hear that, tell me can you log into webmail https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/ also can you update your profile and add the email address in question to your profile so i can take a look at the account.

Thanks
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I've tried to log into the link but all of my passwords (past and present) have been rejected.

If I change my email in my profile, will I then lose access to this link? As the non working email account is rejected?

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I've added the email address in the 'other number' box in the profile, I hope that's Ok.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Well, after a lot of trial I now have access to my email account -Phew!. 

Now I'm trying to access my account, I ask for a email link, which arrives, but when I link on it I get the message that the email address in not recognised. It's the same email I've been using since I joined TT many, many moons ago.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Well, I now have access to my account, great.

I went to the email page to re enter my old email, which TT , last week, suddenly decided it did not recognise, after entering all the log on details,it told me that that email was already in use. If it's in use why doesn't TT recognise it? 

Highlighted
Community Team

That's great, thanks for posting back to let us know you've got it sorted. 

Ady

Highlighted
Chatterbox

My original email address in now working, I can send and receive through it.

Unfortunately, TT still states in cannot recognise it.

Curiouser and curiouser !

Highlighted
Community Team

Where do you see a message that tells you that? 

Ady

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Sorry for the delay in answering.

The problem was when trying to log into my account as I asked it to send me an email link, I was then informed that the email was not recognised.

But Now, Lo and Behold! The address is now recognised and all seems to be working - I don't know what was done, but thanks to OCE_Ady and everyone else, I'm fully back in the game and I have an extra email address. 

Regards to all

LB 

Highlighted
Community Team

That's great. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.

Ady