Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lost Email Folders

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi

Since the restoration of the Onetel service following the recent outage, all my email folders have disappeared from my acount. Only the inbox and sent items are now available.

Please can you restore my lost files.

Thank you

Phil Thomas

(P.S. please note also that the 'Problem' function on the Onetel Mailzone doesn't work either!

Phil Thomas
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @1126phil 

I've alerted the TalkTalk team. You'll probably need the OneTel email admins to investigate the mailbox for you.

Check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Add, then scroll down and add the OneTel email address to Private notes and Save changes.

The above is so that the OneTel admins can be authorised to check for you.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Many thanks for the tips on updating my profile.  I've done everything you advised,  Let's hope I hear from Onetel admin soon...

Phil Thomas
Highlighted
Popular Poster

So Gondola, the silence from 'Onetel Admin' is deafening,  Do you know how I can contact then formally to riase this issue, other than just this post on a chat room?

Cheers

Phil Thomas
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Phil

This is not just any 'Chat room'.  This is TalkTalk's Community 'Chat room'.

The TalkTalk Community Team OCE has been alerted and will come and do more than just chat.  Just hold fire. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Phil, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the information I need to raise a fault ticket for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Sorry, but the message you have sent me is in a 'no reply' email.  How can I respond to you with the info you need?

Phil Thomas
Highlighted
Community Star

Check the blue envelope icon at the top right of the page, reply from there.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks.  You have a PM.

Phil Thomas
Highlighted
Community Star

Not me I trust, but OCE Ady.  🙂

Highlighted

Thanks, I've raised the fault ticket for you. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

So...over two weeks have passed and I've heard nothing, and nothing has happened.  I'm still missing all my email folders which disappeared following the outage in ealry Ocotber.

Help!

Phil Thomas
Highlighted

Hi 1126phil, I've sent a chaser and will post back as soon as I get a response. 

Highlighted

I'm afraid the news isn't good. Here's what they updated the fault ticket with. 

"TalkTalk does not employ a backup email policy, so emails of this legacy platform at not backed up. So, if their mails/folders are "missing" we 're unable to assist them any further, unfortunately."

That's not what you wanted to hear I know, so I've pushed it back in the hope I can get them to investigate further.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks.  I could understand it if the folders had been accidentally deleted by me, but in this case they were lost as a result of the recent outage, I suspect caused by a lack of maintenance.

Not impressed...

Phil Thomas
Highlighted

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how mail is lost we don't keep backups. Unless the mail is still on our servers when the ticket is worked it's gone. I'm hoping that's not the case in this case and that further investigation will help get this sorted. 

Ady

Highlighted

I've just had confirmation that we won't be able to recover the mail for you.Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

Ady

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I think this is appalling.  I shall be looking for a new provider in short order.

Phil Thomas
Highlighted

I'm sorry I wasn't able to be more helpful. 

Ady

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Can you please advise how I go about claiming compensation from TalkTalk for the loss of these folders which contained some very important material related to my business. Thank you.

Phil Thomas