Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lost email addresses

2 REPLIES 2
gillian_saville49
First Timer

Same here,alternate address is listed in account but is not functioning, if trying password reset within alias account it resets the main account password.  Bunch of numpties to not test system before 'upgrade (downgrade in usability)'.  Called help desk to be told  their systems are down and they'll call back in 30 mins - 40 mins ago...

Got a techy with me to fix this and its costing money - pull your finger out!!

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @gillian_saville49 

Let us know the outcome of the Tech Support testing and their resolution proposal.

Are you a current TalkTalk broadband customer with access to MyAccount?  Is the main email address shown in MyAccount and do you use that as the MyAccount sign in?

As I read it you have a mailbox on the TalkTalk Mail platform.  That mailbox is assigned the email address of the main email account. You also have mail aliases attached to that main email account and email sent to the alias addresses is designed to appear in the Inbox of the main email account.

If that isn't the situation then please say what your mailbox domain is - the bit after the @ in the email address. For example screaming.net  And then the format of the alias, for example, the main email address is user@screaming.net and the alias is alias@user.screaming.net

And then what it is you wish to achieve. NB don't post any full email addresses.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi gillian_saville49, please start your own thread so that I can get you the help you need.