Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lost email service

8 REPLIES 8
Pipnisa
First Timer

We have had no emails since 8 Dec,spent over 3 hours on phone and chat to talk talk,absolutely useless, canott wait to change provider,been with them for over 20 years but service is appalling,they have no idea how to resolve this???

Pip
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Pipnisa 

What's your email domain? - the bit after the @ in your email address.  For example, if it's talktalk.net or tiscali.co.uk or lineone.net and a few more of the talktalk managed legacy email mailboxes then you'll find your mailbox by using an Internet browser to sign in here to TalkTalk Mail.

When you put in the email address and then in the next box the email password you should get signed in to the mailbox...unless, for example, it's been locked for security.

If you cannot get signed in to the mailbox do you get an error message? Let us know.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Pipnisa
First Timer

Talk talk are no help at all,everyone we speak to has no idea how to 're sync our email ,I can't log in to my account to change password even?It's so frustrating

Pip
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Pipnisa 

You've found TalkTalk Community and we do know how to get you back in to an active mail account. 

I'll ask again...What's your email domain? - the bit after the @ in your email address.

Try to sign in here to TalkTalk Mail.

If you cannot get signed in to the mailbox do you get an error message? Let us know what the error message is.

If you have forgotten the password try the Forgotten your Password option. If there's an alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password.

If the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective then I can ask for Reset details to be set up for you to recover access.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Pipnisa, in your in great hands with Gondola. Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Pipnisa
First Timer

Why have talk talk sent me a paper bil when I specifically asked them not to,and charged me 2 pounds for the privalige!! If I do not get a reply to my email asking for that to be my principle email

I ill cancel my direct debit if that's what it takes to speak to someone!!!

Pip
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Pipnisa 

TalkTalk will only send out paper bills if the billing system gets a bounceback from the email address used as your MyAccount login. A bounceback means your email address has become unavailable. TalkTalk will only revert to paper billing if they've tried again in the month after the first inability to notify you of a new bill in your MyAccount.

You've not given us any way to identify who you are.  You've not answered the questions in post 2 or post 4 and failed to update your Community profile.

Please click here to revisit post 4 and if you only do one thing please add your landline telephone number to your Community profile so TalkTalk can identify you.

Cancelling your Direct Debit will only get an auto response from the computer to tell you, if you don't pay your bills on time, that the computer has added penalty fees.

The TalkTalk team want to help you get your email account and your MyAccount back in action but you do need to help by following the guidance in this thread.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Pipnisa, I've asked the billing team to confirm why your mail account was rejecting email billing. I'll let you know when I hear back.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star

...and thank you for updating your Community profile.