would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Mail box email requesting action

ANSWERED
6 REPLIES 6
hughwpearce
Conversation Starter

Had a email from TT about my mail box  asking if i want to link my tiscali email to my broadband account as they are starting to charge for this service.   They are also asking about upgrading mailbox features that is time limited. 

I have TT broadband and use gmail for email and am happy with this so how do I procede as I don't use  webmail  and want to continue using gmail.

When i click the register my email address  to my account button in the email I get a blank page with

"THe requested url was rejected"

Can you advise how to procede

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Hugh

If you don't wish to use TalkTalk Mail with your legacy tiscali email address then you don't need to do anything. The tiscali email address will get deleted in due time.

You say you use gMail so can we just clarify that it's the use of a gMail email address only. Or are you using gMail to collect your tiscali mail messages.

If it's the latter then you do need to add the tiscali email address to your MyAccount. The Managing Email section of the TalkTalk Mail Support Hub will go through the adding of an existing TalkTalk (tiscali) mailbox to your MyAccount.

Try that and if the mailbox does not get added then you'll need help from the TalkTalk team because the tiscali mailbox is probably linked to a former MyAccount and needs unlinking first before it can be added to your current MyAccount.

Let us know how you get on.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es) with any relevant other notes and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

hughwpearce
Conversation Starter

I think I have sorted it now added the tiscali email to my email accounts

I  use gmail for all my email accounts as it can be used on multiple devices and notifys you immediately you have a message without have to login to accounts and bring up web pages like I assume you  have to do with Talktalk webmail

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Hugh

Just to double check, log in to your MyAccount and in the MyServices dropdown select Manage TalkTalk Mail.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - My Services Menu.png

Just check that your tiscali mailbox is listed in the set of up to 5 mailboxes allowed for each broadband customer.  If it is then job done. Your tiscali mailbox is secure and you may carry on using gMail to collect your tiscali mail messages.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Confirmation of creating a mailbox.png

Two recommendations from me:

Sign in to TalkTalk Mail at least once every 6 months not just to make sure that the mailbox will stay live but to prudently check the account settings including things like Auto forwarding and Filter rules. Settings is an option on the Main menu, the triple line icon (cog icon on the mobile version) top right on the header. 

Set up Reset details. This is an alternative email address and mobile number used to reset a password if you or gMail forget the password.  Update your reset details is an option on the Main menu, the triple line icon (cog icon on the mobile version) top right on the header.

hughwpearce
Conversation Starter

Ihave 2 email mailboxes Talk Talk and Tiscali in the list.   I  signed into talktalk one and set it up do I need to do the same for the Tiscali one?    

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Yes please Hugh. 

It's exactly the same TalkTalk Mail sign in just use the tiscali email address and the tiscali password and set up Reset details.

Tiscali mailboxes are on the same TalkTalk Mail platform.

Community Team

Great answer Gondola.