cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Mail rejected 'due to poor sender reputation'

28 REPLIES
Highlighted
mafield
Wizz Kid

I'm getting the same problem with one or two emails.....

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 0 second(s):

* rih******@freeuk.com

Reason: The following message to rih******@freeuk.com was undeliverable.The reason for the problem: 550 Rejecting due to poor sender reputation: 62.24.135.68

(I've blanked out part of recipients address for security..)

Emails are sent out  using Windows I.E. via Outlook..

How do I get around this?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @mafield

Looks like freeuk.com are blocking a TalkTalk email server IP address based upon the possibility of spam rather than actual spam.

The IP address does appear on a SORBS SPAM blacklist but these listings do get refreshed and a listing can go as fast as it appeared.  If it happens that freeuk.com are utilising such listings then their block should also go.

Until then the workaround is to use another email address / server to send email into freeuk.com

TalkTalk are tackling the issue of spam head on with identification of sources of spam both incoming and potentially outgoing from TalkTalk from insecure email accounts. As the grip tightens on eliminating any residual outgoing spam so the email server 'reputation' will improve; but it is an ongoing fight.

I've flagged this up to the TalkTalk Community Support email expert so if there's any additional information it'll come to you right here. 

Gondola - I'm a TVPlus customer * Try TalkTalk CallSafe to stop scam calls
Community Team

Hi mafield, I'm sure we're already working to get the IP removed from the blacklist, but I've sent a mail over to the email admins and will let you know their reply. Incidentally what DNS servers are you using?

mafield
Wizz Kid

I don't know what a DNS Server is.

I am using Windows, I.E., and Outlook - if that is any help!

mafield
Wizz Kid

That is not the only email address it happens on, and has been doing so for some time. It may clear for one week, and then reject the next. A lot of good having talktalk.net email addresses, then not being able to send to who I wish to!

mafield
Wizz Kid

A different issue, but I am having to re-boot the talktalk router quite regularly, as it just freezes. Having gone onto fibre some while ago, I find it no better than previous, and have more issues with this router, than the previous.

Community Team

I've spoken with our email admins and it seems a couple of our IPs have been added to blacklists they've already been in touch with those sites to request removal. We work very hard to block email addresses that are sending spam from our network. Users are blocked as soon as they're identified and those email addresses being used have their passwords reset to prevent further mail going out from them.

Re your router there are a couple of retrains showing in the last few days. Which router do you have? Is it getting hot?

mafield
Wizz Kid

No, it's not getting hot.

Its HUAWEI HG633 V1.01

It was supplied by TT when I went to fibre.

Am I better off going to buy a decent one rather than the freebie, and if so, which one?

Community Team

I've ordered a replacement router for you as the freezing issue isn't to be expected as a norm. Once you have the new router please replace all the components, retest and let us know how you get on.

mafield
Wizz Kid

The new router is in and running - how long do I test it for, before deciding it is ok?

Do I need to send the other one back, now?

Community Team

Give it a chance, based on your previous experience of the unreliability. If you feel your fault is clear then you've tested for long enough. Send the other back when you're ready it's obviously faulty if you're happy with the new one.

mafield
Wizz Kid

No resolve yet on the original issue, with emails being rejected by freeuk.com

Community Team

The Email Admins are working to have us removed from the block sites. Hopefully, you won't have long to wait.

mafield
Wizz Kid

Old router now been returned, via the Hermes label supplied.

@freeuk  is still being blocked.

Why is there a limit of around 100 emails a day, and then rejecting any more. I send out for a classic car group to around 80 people, and if I want to send to them more than once in any day, it gets rejected. Is there any resolve for this, other than going somewhere else for my email service provider?

Community Team

Hi mafield,

Are you sure you're only able to send around 100 emails per day, I thought it was higher than this? Are you sending while connected to your TalkTalk broadband service?

Chris

mafield
Wizz Kid

It may be slightly more. I have around 110 people I send to, broken down into three groups. Once I have sent to them once in a day, then I cannot repeat the task, as it just rejects, if not all, most of the emails.

There are occasions when I would like to send to the whole group twice in one day - but can't. 

mafield
Wizz Kid
Yes, it is using outlook with Windows Explorer, via talktalk. Even if I use a different talktalk email address registered to the same account, that doesn't overcome the problem - I have to send a second set of emails via a gmail account.
Can this limit be increased to say 250 a day?
Community Team

Hi mafield, as this is a residential service the limits are lower and are in place to protect against spam. I'm afraid there's no chance of getting the limit raised for you. I know because I've asked for other customers and been told the limits are fixed. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

mafield
Wizz Kid

Now what's going on !!!  I can't wait for the Virgin Cable to be put in, which is imminent, as I am fed up with Talktalk problems.

1) Now I cannot receive emails as it is not accepting my passwords on all talktalk accounts (which haven't changed on my account), it just keeps asking for the passwords....

2) It now doesn't accept 'autofill' of saved log-on email addresses and passwords when signing on to the webpage and my account.

This really is no joke, there are continual problems with Talktalk, it settles for a month or two, then starts all over again.

Totally fed up!!!!

Community Team

Hi mafield, autofill was stopped quite a few months back to further increase security of the system by preventing easy access to non account holders at the customer end of the network. Are you able to login to webmail at all? If not a password reset will be in order.