cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Mailbox Quota Almost Full

4 REPLIES 4
First Timer

Almost daily I'm getting the mailbox full message and I keep going into Webmail and deleting everything I don't need, it reduces slightly but then it's back to almost full again in a day or two.

I need my sub folders as they are now, there's nothing else that I can delete.

Has TalkTalk reduced the mailbox limit recently for Pipex accounts as my husband is now getting the same message and he will have a lot less saved than me?

What is the answer please?

Community Star

Hi @syrajul 

The pipex server mailbox quota is pretty low at 100MB which is sufficient for say 15,000 typical messages excluding attachments. Messages with attachments will eat up the quota pretty quickly.

Download and save any wanted messages / sub folders to a local hard drive and keep them backed up locally is the best advice. Carry on deleting from the Inbox is the only answer to creating space for more incoming messages.

The good news is that when the upgrade of pipex mailboxes to the TalkTalk Mail platform happens (you'll get a couple of email messages from TalkTalk about that in due course) the mailbox quota is substantially increased to 10GB.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

First Timer

Thanks for the response, Gondola.

15,000 messages, WOW, if I've got 500 saved I would probably be vastly exaggerating, a lot with attachments but not huge ones that would take up so much space.  Still,  I will have a trawl through over the weekend and ditch more if I can.  

Any idea when this upgrade is supposed to be happening?

Community Star

Hi syrajul 

If you save more of the messages and large attachments locally on a backup hard drive or in another mail account that would be best to reduce the mailbox contents.  Pipex mailboxes weren't designed to store a lot of messages as most customers were using POP3 email accounts and would download messages to a local device and not store messages long-term on the server. 

The rather predictable answer to the question about when a mailbox will be upgraded is given in the article Upgrading to the new TalkTalk Mail 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi syrajul, Gondola has been spot on with the advice given. Let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.